Repair kit

Marino

So what repair kit you have with yourself, but at all the times, every single ride.

I have beside original Ktm tool tire repair kit with co2 cartridges. That is on every ride as it fits under pillion seat.

Longer rides, where I get my tank bag or top box include mini 12 v air compressor and mini tire foam can as well.

Obviously it becomes obsession as I had so many tyres punctures.

So you want to know what kit people ride with all the time, every ride. You then list stuff you sometimes take, why can't everyone else lost stuff they sometimes take 😁

Some times a take a pie.

Just curiosity as last few days of glorious sunshine I saved the day for 3 bikers with punctured tyres,

Stuff that I sometimes takes - cell phone, wallet, pillion

pair of needlenose pliers... because I need some way of easily removing what caused the puncture in the first place.

I have a leatherman 'wave' which is a great multitool and includes pliers.

I wouldn't even waste my time with CO2 cartridges.. these are only good as a 'get you home' or to the garage and the air pump. OK if you have limited space to carry 'stuff''

And a Stop&Go puncture kit. which they now sell as a complete kit with compressor. but i have the stand alone kit.

">

I like this type of kit because there is no messing with glue.. Ive found that everytime you use glue you might as well bin it afterwards as it will go off and harden and be useless next time round.

Sods law dictates.. and I have many years of experiencing this, that if you carry a puncture kit like this with you. You will never need to use it.

Every single puncture i have had has been discovered and fixed in my own back yard. The only time it became obvious was when it happened last ime, on the final aproach to my house and I heard a 'Knocking' sound which was a huge nail in the tyre hitting the hugger.

Guest Richzx6r

So you lot will think I go overboard excessively but generally the first things to go on the bike if I'm going a long way will be screwdriver and socket set and a roll of spanners bungeed to the bottom of whatever else is coming with me as I'm too cheap to pay for the aa only thing I dont really carry is a tyre repair kit

So you lot will think I go overboard excessively but generally the first things to go on the bike if I'm going a long way will be screwdriver and socket set and a roll of spanners bungeed to the bottom of whatever else is coming with me as I'm too cheap to pay for the aa only thing I dont really carry is a tyre repair kit

:| :|

I can pretty much strip all the fairings off and get to most parts of the bike with just a handful of allen keys and a small selection of spanners!

An M6, an M 4 and an M8 Allen key plus an M3 Allen bit in a long stemmed handle . Because I have replaced every possible fastener with an Allen bolt this is all I need to get most of the bike apart . The M3 is incase I have to drain the carbs to sort a float valve issue at the road side . Other than that all that lives under the seat is a handful of Zip Ties ( Cable ties) a roll of electrical tape and a Stanley blade .

Trust me to underthink what I thought was a simple thread about repairing a puncture... and post as such.

fortunately my bikes are generally reliable and so I have no need to carry tools. Serviced on time, yearly or by miles. problems addressed before they can escalate. If something were to go badly wrong with the BMW. then that would be a rescue job. And if it was the Honda.. then I would call Honda assist.

I had plenty of storage on my old bike, pretty much a 20inch deep storage bucket under the seat so I carried loads of stuff. It sounds overboard but as it was my only form of transport and not exactly new from the showroom I wanted to be able to fix things at the roadside whenever possible. Most of the things I carried were tailored to the issues I'd come across with that bike which was mainly electrical faults,

allan keys, selection of sockets and a ratchet, multi screwdriver, stubby hammer, stanley knife, electrical tape, small spool of garden wire, a tin of gungum (I had a crack in my header pipe that I kept patching every now and then) little bottle of wd40, mini tube of vaseline, pliers, mole grip (really useful if clutch cable end snaps) spare fuses, a square of sandpaper, puncture repair kit, spare spark plug. Think thats about it :lol:

The stop & Go tyre plugger is a useful piece of kit.

Commuting to and from work, cell phone and roadside assistance.

When Touring its TFI. Tightening, Fixing & Inflating. Which basically consists of a small tool kit for tightening small fasteners & other bits and pieces. Fixing is basically duct tape and tie wraps etc and then, there is the tyre inflator. Oh and a pie :D