Insurance

Guest Richzx6r

Guest Richzx6r

So I'm looking at getting a hayabusa in replacement for the ninja, I'll be getting the ninja back for use as a track bike and just did an insurance quote and it came back at less than £100 more expensive than the ninja 600 that I was riding and it includes the accident I have just had and 1 years no claims and I'm also surprised because I'm living in sunderland......amazed it's so cheap oh and that's fully comprehensive tpft only £433.

Now if I was to call a few more brokers y phone stating that I have had that price do you think I could get it cheaper??

top tip for insurance ......try everyone yourself as some say one place are cheap but it doesn't mean they are for you!

Its a mine field out there just make sure you do like for like quotes

and stay away from MCE :D

Guest Richzx6r

top tip for insurance ......try everyone yourself as some say one place are cheap but it doesn't mean they are for you!

Why mce.....that is who quoted me that price

Why mce.....that is who quoted me that price

This

Because Stu has had personal dealings with them.

And it wasn't a good experience!

but don't just take my word it there is plenty of bad press out there about them there is also plenty of people who have had no issues!

I agree with stu ….. AVOID MCE they are thieving, lying scum.

my best price was with Adrian Flux, but as per other comments, the prices vary massively depending on many things, on a daily basis. Just shop around.

Iv been with mce before and never had any problems but I will keep it in mind

I was with them for a few years, Rich, and was happy too - right up to the point where I had to make a claim. From then on it was a total nightmare, cost me a lot of money and aggro.

So if you want 3rd party only go for it, if you want a proper insurance policy and provider shop elsewhere.

A lot of ppl I know here in Pembrokeshire who went with mce told me that the underwriter for mce was actually Adrian flux

Richard, you may well be right there. MCE make a point of claiming they inclusive and independent etc etc, but based on the torrent of lies Ive heard from them they may well just be fronting other firms' cover

I was with them for a few years, Rich, and was happy too - right up to the point where I had to make a claim. From then on it was a total nightmare, cost me a lot of money and aggro.

To be fair, most insurance companies just don't want t pay out so a lot of them are bast*rds about it. If you live in London, MCE is really your only choice, and I guess as there's more traffic and it's full of idiots on their phone you are more likely to have an accident and more likely to claim and have a bad experience with your provider.. who is MCE as they are the only ones that will insure you.. and then there are more they suck posts online.

Just pondering, I have no evidence on this :lol:

have you tried Bikesure, i went with them, tried Carole Nash who wanted nearly 2k, Lexham nearly £800, Bike sure came in at £600 but i had some extras added, but that is for a new rider without any no ncb,

To be fair, most insurance companies just don't want t pay out so a lot of them are bast*rds about it. If you live in London, MCE is really your only choice, and I guess as there's more traffic and it's full of idiots on their phone you are more likely to have an accident and more likely to claim and have a bad experience with your provider.. who is MCE as they are the only ones that will insure you.. and then there are more they suck posts online.

Just pondering, I have no evidence on this :lol:

Hoggs,

I take your point about London being a high risk area for insurers (more so for owners/riders), and tbh I didn't see the OP's location, but I struggle to accept that no one else will provide cover in places like London.

I think maybe we've all become lazy with insurance - just using comparison sites instead of actually talking to the people selling the cover. In fact, I reckon more than 95% of people here bought their insurance online from compare the weasel, or whatever, without actually speaking to a human being. ( please feel free to prove me wrong, guys)

Incidentally, if MCE had just been bast*ards that would have been fine - they were way worse, to the point of acting fraudulently; if I could afford a decent solicitor I would drag their sorry a*ses through the courts. I take the experience as a life lesson and make sure I let others know what crooks they are.

Sorry to hear about your experiences with them, it really sucks after an accident / theft you have to put up with more crap to sort something out that wasn't your fault.

struggle to accept that no one else will provide cover in places like London.

Regarding the above, I was at the Carole Nash motorbike show at the Excel centre a couple of years aback and was chatting to the guys at the Harley Davidson stand, notably the guy who deals with insurance (both for test rides and those OTR deals that include insurance) and he said that 26 companies won't even touch London postcodes anymore and most of the other ones will hike the prices up to a "we're quoting you but you'd be a fool to take out insurance with us". For example, when I got my bike 3 years ago my options were MCE approx £680 3PF&T, Carole Nash who were over 3k if I recall correctly and possibly bike sure who were around the same as CN.

I have a garage, 3 years NPB and the best I got this year was 3rd Party only.. oh actually I have the quotes email! Here you go!quote.thumb.jpg.f3560aa72e735b74453c31d5ae469de0.jpg

There are of course factors such as "you're an idiot to buy a sportsbike in London and we're gonna shaft you for it" but I am part of a London riding club and a lot of people have seen premiums go through the roof the last few years - certain postcodes you won't get cover if you don't have a garage (because obviously everyone in London has access to a garage :roll:).

Not being deliberately obtuse, just mine and other London bikers first hand experience :cheers:

Thanks for the info Hoggs - that's a really eye-opening ( or possibly eye-watering)

Although I drive in London quite often, I haven't lived down your way for about 10 years so I'm out of touch - I've seen stuff online by handmuff warrior, premises and legit, but clearly its worse than I realised. I feel for all you London guys n girls - the cost of everything is sky high down there :(