Intensive coruse in two weeks!!

Hello

Just joined the forum as I've got my intensive course starting on the 15th.. super excited.

I passed my theory and CBT a couple of weeks ago and jumping straight in, I have no previous bike experience excluding the CBT so its going to be a big week for me.

Any tips that you guys would recommend? Am I potentially wasting my money trying the MOD 1 and 2 with such little experience? I guess at the end of the day it'll be a weeks worth of fun regardless.

The plan is if I pass, I'll go and get myself either an MT07 or a CB650R, if I fail, I'll grab myself a 125 and ride on that for a few years so either way, should be a good week.

If you've got a fair bit of road experience then go for it. I passed my mod 1 on my third attempt but others find it easy so go for it and see how you do.

Good luck :thumb:

If you've got a fair bit of road experience then go for it. I passed my mod 1 on my third attempt but others find it easy so go for it and see how you do.

Good luck :thumb:

Yeah I've been driving for 10 years so hopefully that'll help on the road.

I dont think it matters wether you have been out and about or not really - some say it gets you use to the bike and others say it give you time to pick up bad habits.

The biggest suprise I found was how mentally draining it was - usually im home from work by 1730 and bed by about 2300-2330. Every day coming home from DAS I felt like I needed a nap by 1800 and was in bed asleep by 2100 !

Very long !

Id also expect a rollercoaster of emotions in all honesy - iv gone through nerves, excitement, fear, happiness, upset, anger, joy and many others in a week !

If you have plans for the evenings of that week id be rearranging them as the one evening I had something on nearly ruined my next day - also remember to take plenty of food and drink with you as that will also have an effect on your day :idea:

Damn! I'll be sure to take some bananas with me. Looks like I'll be having an early night each time. I did ask if I could borrow a 125 in the evenings but their insurance dont allow for it.

Only thing that looks scary is the swerve test.

The hazard avoidance isn't as bad as it looks. It worried me for ages until I actually did it and then I remember asking my instructor if he was just making it easy to be nice.

The key thing to remember is the swerve out is fine, people often try to swerve back in too quick - it's not necessary, you can do a massive arc back as long as your front wheel enda up in the box, I don't think there's a width limit?

I have just done MOD1 (MOD2 is next week)

The main things I found were to relax, take your time (there is no limit) your instructor will drum everything else in. It's all about clutch control.

Avoidance is simple, remember you don't steer, it's more of a wiggle.

Good luck.