GMT or BST?

Smithers

<t>What's your preference?</t>  

10 members have voted

1. 1. What's your preference?

• GMT (Greenwich Mean Time)
    • BST (British Summer Time)

I personally would prefer to be on GMT all year round. I've never liked the 1 hour plus in the Spring.

Peter Hitchens in the Daily Mail wrote a worthy article last week about it. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-6869021/PETER-HITCHENS-Nows-chance-end-clock-changing-craziness.html

It's the sudden plunge into darkness in autumn that I hate , really hate . One Friday I'm going home from work in twilight and then on the Monday it's pitch black . It feels like somebody , the "Powers that be " have switched winter on . Call me a hippy if you want ,but I like to feel connected to the seasons of the planet I live on and this imposed time change messes with my head . Although I'm not a sufferer myself, I feel particularly sorry for anyone with Seasonally Affected Depression . This artificial messing about with the time of day is just making it harder for people to adjust . And yes , I do get that it all works in reverse in the spring.

I believe the idea behind it is to give workers an extra hour of daylight for their own time after finishing their days work. Doesn't apply to me as I finish at 10pm :crybaby:

If we must have a 'winter time' it should be as long as winter. 3 months. make the change on December 1st and March 1st

or don't make it at all. if Scotland wants to carry on 'as is'.. then let them.

Wife's grandad was a pig farmer, her uncle grows cows or something and neither of them has ever bothered with changing the clocks.

Her grandad said that his pigs didn't know any different so why bother.

Personally, I think we should stick with what we're on at the moment.

I think it was originally done for farmers, but why not just work to the light rather than the clock?

Especially as if it gets dark early you can always burn another sheep for the insurance money. :D