Food on the road?

onesea

Thinking I am looking for the impossible, I would like some cheap ish food that can live in my topbox, for afew weeks.. For the days I don't find something nice to eat, I sometimes take sandwiches and find I eat at a stop other times I end up eating rubbish cause I dont have sandwiches.

I just want something I can leave and grab not to expensive but a bit of substance to keep me on the road for afew hours... Preferably out of pack or with minimal fuss or mess (think eating on windy headland, its the sort of place I find myself)...

Cat food pouches would fit the bill :lol:

Survivalists do recommend cat and dog food as emergency rations as you can guarantee you'd have to be in proper dire circumstances to actually need to eat it :shock:

Bob doesn't like pouches at all . The chunks are a lot smaller than the ones in tins so he just licks up all the jelly and leaves them . Then he wants more but again he just eats the jelly so I end up chucking the chunks away . It's a losing battle so for the sake of some peace we go back to tins .

IMG_20190331_213145068.thumb.jpg.d778fbb9ebaecf8fa8fe2ea3800b5c06.jpg

Edited by fastbob

Where you going the Sahara Desert ? you'll always find somewhere to get grub, only thing that you could take that won't go off is tinned stuff and you'll be eating it cold , and carrying extra weight round with you .

Guest Richzx6r

Could get a baby lamb or cow and stick it in the top box or maybe some road kill like badger or something?

Be running over hedgehog next and baking it in a pile of clay 😁

Dont forget to peel it first though

Breakfast bars. I suffer from very quickly dropping low blood sugars occasionally. So I usually have a breakfast bar, trekbar or similar stashed on the bike, or in a pocket. Always have a pack of them in the car too.

Packets of biltong/jerky, Clif bars, energy gel sachets, packets of trail mix, Bombay mix etc, Soreen loaves last about a month and you can get lunchbox sized packs now

Edited by Zakalwe

I think you're meant to boil them until the spines fall out :scratch:

Roll them in clay, and throw them in the fire. They bake inside and when your crack the clay off the spines come out.