Which screen?!?

Hellooo,

Ive been looking online at screens. You can get small medium and big ugly things, (Yam XTX). Will a medium size one be enough to keep the wind off? Also is it a case of once there on there on or are they eaisly bolt on/off depending on what journey your doing?

At the moment i dont have a screen and i jump on the duel carraige way and i fill up like a kite 😂.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F172263886360

Would something like this do the job?

Cheers! Ross

I'm far from expert in this - and I've only ever swapped screens on sports type bikes where the effect of a different screen sizes/shapes is probably a more exact science due to having a fairing too and a more prone riding position.

However, I would imagine going from no screen at all to a medium sized one as per your link would have a fairly noticeable increase in comfort at speed.

I think your body size & shape come into the equation too - if you're 6ft5 built like a shed and sit upright you might need a larger screen than if you're 5ft2 skinny and crouch. Kind of obvious I know, but needs to be considered.

The previous owner fitted an MRA adjustable screen to mine, so effectively it can be medium sized or large. Works well, and was reminded of how well it works when I rode [mention]Magpie84[/mention]'s Hornet the other weekend which doesn't currently have a screen. Not sure if they have anything for you though.

https://www.bikehps.com/acatalog/MRA_Adjustable_Touring_Screens.html

I'm far from expert in this - and I've only ever swapped screens on sports type bikes where the effect of a different screen sizes/shapes is probably a more exact science due to having a fairing too and a more prone riding position.

However, I would imagine going from no screen at all to a medium sized one as per your link would have a fairly noticeable increase in comfort at speed.

I think your body size & shape come into the equation too - if you're 6ft5 built like a shed and sit upright you might need a larger screen than if you're 5ft2 skinny and crouch. Kind of obvious I know, but needs to be considered.

Im 5ft 7/8” so lacking a mittle in the tall department and medium build so may work in my favour. The smoked effect should look good too.

The previous owner fitted an MRA adjustable screen to mine, so effectively it can be medium sized or large. Works well, and was reminded of how well it works when I rode [mention]Magpie84[/mention]'s Hornet the other weekend which doesn't currently have a screen. Not sure if they have anything for you though.

https://www.bikehps.com/acatalog/MRA_Adjustable_Touring_Screens.html

Cheers ill check it out and have a look, atleast i will have a choice if they do one for my bike

The thing to watch is where the wind gets deflected to.......I test rode a Tiger 800 a few years back and the screen deflected the air flow right into my lid, so it was buffeting and rattling worse than having no screen......TBH I've got used to the buffeting from no screen on my Speedy....doesn't really bother me anymore......but, having said that, I don't do the mileage on the bike that I used to..... :wink:

The thing to watch is where the wind gets deflected to.......I test rode a Tiger 800 a few years back and the screen deflected the air flow right into my lid, so it was buffeting and rattling worse than having no screen......TBH I've got used to the buffeting from no screen on my Speedy....doesn't really bother me anymore......but, having said that, I don't do the mileage on the bike that I used to..... :wink:

I see what you mean about where the wind is deflecting. Thats a good point! What would rather body or face 😂.

Trouble is because the 66x is a small light biie when im doing high speeds i fill up like a kite and get blown all over the place 😂