Competing MOD1 & 2 on your own, on a 125?

Hi all,

Just curious what the rules are behind doing the above?

When I feel comfortable, I'd love to give the MOD1 a shot on my own, and potentially MOD2. There are a crap load of videos out there to teach yourself what to do, and how to ride better.

Now don't get me wrong, I dont think I'll be doing this anytime soon, and I'm at the very earlier stages or being out on the road on a bike so I'm essentially crap and probably at my most dangerous right now.

Are there any restrictions in terms of what licence I'll get or what bike I can ride?

passing the motorcycle test on a 125cc bike gains an A1 license. and that only allows you to ride a 125cc bike, without L plates. with the usual add-ons, like taking pillions and riding on the motorway.

this is normal in continental Europe for riders under 19yo, where L plates do not exist and to ride a motorcycle means the test MUST be taken.

But not the usual progression here. except in those rare cases where the rider doesnt want a bigger bike.

Edited by Gerontious

passing the motorcycle test on a 125cc bike gains an A1 license. and that only allows you to ride a 125cc bike, without L plates. with the usual add-ons, like taking pillions and riding on the motorway.

this is normal in continental europe, where L plates do not exist. but not the usual progression here. except in those rare cases where the rider doesnt want a bigger bike.

So I'd have to do it all over again on a DAS bike to get my full licence? Sod that. I guess it'll be a case of booking an instructor for each one then.