ULEZ London

863charlie

Does anyone know if it a Yamaha YZF Thunderace 1000, 2003 would pass the Euro 3 emissions diagnostic test if I get a new full exhaust system, spark plugs, get the carbs sorted and fill it with premium fuel or will it be a wast of time and I'll have to fork out for another bike, which I don't really want to as I love the bike I have now. I commute to central London every day all year and paying £12.00 + is going to kill my pocket. No more drinking with the lads.

My bike is compliant yay!, of course there’s the separate issue that if I took it to London and parked it anywhere it wouldn’t be there when I got back as bike theft in London is insane and unfortunately the police arnt well equipped to deal with it no doubt due to policy from the morons in both Westminster and City Hall.

OP I hope you manage to get your bike through, having to pay £12.50 for the non privalage of having to ride in that cesspit of a city just isn’t fair!.

I think shitty kan can shove London up his poop shoot if he thinks I would pay to ride in London. . As my log book don't have the NOx filled in if asked Honda dealer if they know what it is even when I went in for my MOT and asked the tester he said don't know as its not part of the MOT so I can't help .. and there is no way im paying £175.00 to the ONLY bike tester in London approved by TFL or shitty kan .. . .

Hope you get yours sorted m8 I guess 2003 bike it should be ok . It should be on your log book as my bro in law got a 03 bike and his is filled in mine is 96 and its blank .

As said above by an run around just for London.

I guess 2003 bike it should be ok

The general cut off is post 2007 is ok as it's down to the euro...3? regulations and delightfully if they deem your bike as not compliant as standard regardless of what you do you won't be exempt unless you get a piece of paper from their tester. and as a general rule all carb bikes will fail

You can ask the manufacturer for a ask for a certificate of conformance (Honda will send you one in the post free of charge- not sure about other manufacturers)

This is another VW emissions scandal waiting to happen.

I reckon any bike could be tuned to pass the emissions test. It won't be very nice to ride, but so long as it's passes the test that's all the matters.

So setup the bike/carbs just for the test, deliver it to the test center in a van, pass the test, van it home, re-tune to make it rideable.

Two fingers up to khan and his idiotic tax on motorbikes.

You can ask the manufacturer for a ask for a certificate of conformance (Honda will send you one in the post free of charge- not sure about other manufacturers)

Hi I went in to a Honda dealer and asked. I'll seenifni can contact Honda its self and see . The cost of the test is £175.00 and its the only place that TFL will listen to .. so if Like to know how my £175.00 is going to help the clean air bull .as the money will be paid to a private garage .. is the garage going to send the money to cleaner air environmental nut jobs NO didn't think so ...

Hi I went in to a Honda dealer and asked. I'll seenifni can contact Honda its self and see . The cost of the test is £175.00 and its the only place that TFL will listen to .. so if Like to know how my £175.00 is going to help the clean air bull .as the money will be paid to a private garage .. is the garage going to send the money to cleaner air environmental nut jobs NO didn't think so ...

Do some digging and you'll find Khan or one of his currupt staff members have links to the garage that's doing the testing...

I would contact Honda UK and not a dealer. I cannot say 100% it is true, but from another form I have been reading up on ULEZ- " Yamaha, Harley Davidson and KTM all charge for this certificate; Honda doesn’t charge for the first one but does charge for subsequent ones. The oldest bike we have found so far that has a CoC pass is a 2003 ST1300 Pan European."

Hi I did yesterday and they got back to me quite quick too . They don't keep a recorded before 2000. As mine 96 .they said I need to have a recognised garage to do the test .. (shitty kant and TFL only recognized tester ) . I guess I'm just have to find another cb750 rider who's got the info and I'm not paying them toasers to tell me . I'll park the bike up or clone the plates lol before I pay them

Ps any one know where to get false plates :spank:

Do some digging and you'll find Khan or one of his currupt staff members have links to the garage that's doing the testing...

image.thumb.jpeg.bba5bd03893dc8b18aed6c8fb196512c.jpeg

Anyone related to Guy Fawkes and want to finish what he started :cheers:

The modern way is small fire bombs dropped from a drone. Easy to torch old buildings like that with the fire up high where it's difficult to reach/control.

:twisted:

Guest Richzx6r

Anyone related to Guy Fawkes and want to finish what he started :cheers:

The modern way is small fire bombs dropped from a drone. Easy to torch old buildings like that with the fire up high where it's difficult to reach/control.

:twisted:

Hmm let's get the wheels in motion :cheers:

• 2 years later...

Hi, my wife has just got a letter through the post to say that, with the pending London ULEZ expansion, her beloved 2004 Suzuki GN125 (in VERY nice condition) isn't on the "OK list". The Riverbank emmissions test centre is booked out until second week in December so her choices are either to shell out £12 per day (ouch) or swap it out for a more modern bike (last resort - she LOVES that thing!). Does anybody know the likelihod of a 125cc like this passing the emissions test - we could tread water paying the daily fees until December but it's not really feasible in the long term? Thanks in advance for any helpful advice...

That's not good news. A lot of the newer Chinese 125s are based on your very engine but I'm not really sure of the answer. If she was to sell she should get a good price for the GN but not the answer you want. I hope it does pass the emissions test fingers crossed for you !

• 5 months later...

Now he's talking about expanding the ulez to all London boroughs wonder if it's worth me having the coc thing through Yamaha for my 01 fz6 as I drive into a London borough everyday and would have to sell it otherwise

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 13/06/2022 at 17:12, Ellzo said:

Any news on the gn 125 passing emmisions testing, I've got a 2006 and I'm very worried

Sorry for the late reply - yep, it passed no problem (of course!). It was well within the limit with no mod required.