Triumph daytona 955i issue

Matt544

Hi

I have a 56 plate triumph daytona 955 but seem to be suffering with electrical issues.

I have had the rectifier replace with a mosfet one and due to fuses having previously burnt out I have had 1 x 30 amp replaced with and inlane fuse box.

However it has failed and the other 30 amp has also burnt out.

I managed to get 600 to 700 miles but then have been away and left the bike on a trickle charger. I have then come to use the bike and upon starting up the dials have all died and I have now found that the 2 30amps have burnt out again.

Has any one had anything similar or know of a fix for this?

Thank you

Sounds to my like you have high resistance somewhere causing things to get hot either that or the reg/rec is faulty

time to dig in and check wiring and get the multimeter out

Same thing happened to a friend of mine - apparently it’s a common problem and not a cheap fix just replacing the 30A fuse with an inline one. There are a numbers of forum’s giving advice like this one for example

https://www.triumphrat.net/daytona-deliberations/177358-daytona-955i-2003-electrical-problems.html

Good luck trying to find someone to fix it my mates was off the road for weeks trying to resolve the problem