Large, quality backpack...any suggestions?

Hi everyone, hoping for some advice. I’m trying to find a 35/40l backpack that could comfortably fit all the things I’d need if I use the bike for work. 15” MacBook, change of clothes, lunch etc etc PLUS a pair of steel toe boots as I vary between office and sites. I’ve found a few but they seem to be aimed at the American market, although I do like the look of the Velomacchi 40l rolltop:

https://www.urbanrider.co.uk/velomacchi-40l-roll-top-backpack.html?utm_source=google_shopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1sG86fzI4wIVjLTtCh06kAMDEAUYASABEgLEVPD_BwE

I like to see and check things before I buy and I’d rather buy once, and use it for years to come instead of buy cheap and buy twice, or even more times. Anyone else have any suggestions or recommendations?

Thanks in advance

Guest Richzx6r

I'd suggest getting yourself down to your local army surplus and get yourself an army burghan or something similar as that would be the only way you would easily get all your gear in a rucksack

I'd suggest getting yourself down to your local army surplus and get yourself an army burghan or something similar as that would be the only way you would easily get all your gear in a rucksack

That’s a really good idea, cheers. Wouldn’t cost me almost £300 too Hahaa!! Not sure any still exist in Cardiff anymore. There used to be a few but as always, the High streets have died :crybaby:

Osprey

Is that the brand? I’ll have a browse online now. I like the burghan idea though. Won’t get much bigger and tougher than what the army use :D

Guest Richzx6r

@APR

Just read your post again 30/40ltrs ain't a large backpack, unless your a leprechaun

Hey he may be though he did say hes in Cardiff and not sure there are many leprechauns in Wales in he was in Ireland then he would have been without doubt a leprechaun :lol:

You don't want any of our army surplus, the kit they have is shit, I dread to think what the stuff they don't want is like lol

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back to the drawing board then? I mean, I’m happy to for quality. The last thing I want is my MacBook falling onto the M4 when I’m plodding along at 70 :wink:

[mention]Bender[/mention]

I’m struggling to find one built for riding for some reason. Plenty in the States

@APR

Just read your post again 30/40ltrs ain't a large backpack, unless your a leprechaun

Hey he may be though he did say hes in Cardiff and not sure there are many leprechauns in Wales in he was in Ireland then he would have been without doubt a leprechaun :lol:

Hahahaaaaaa, maybe I moved :lol:

I've got a Kreiga rucksack and its great, but riding any distance with a rucksack on its crippling for your back.

I think a lot depends on your position on the bike which in turn depends on the ergonomics of the bike. I can ride 500 miles and for 7-8 hours wearing a rucksack without feeling any pain. Should say I don't have anything heavy in it though. Heavy stuff I put in a roll bag on the back.