Top Box weather seal/gasket

When I got my V-Strom it came with a full aluminium luggage set which was in reasonable condition, but now they have started to leak, seemingly coming from the lid and running down the inside. The boxes have no markings on them and I can't contact the seller now, but they look similar to SW Motech luggage available for my bike, or could be Trax model.

In any case, can anyone recommend a site or store where I'd be likely to pick up a replacement seal. Phoned my local dealer, who were less than helpful, and can't see anything on ebay etc.

The official importer is Motohaus.

but knowing that is worthless unless you can positively identify the luggage brand and precise model.

if it were me I would make my own seal.. using silicone rubber and couple that with waterproof inner bags.

Trax are well known as leakers.. some people are lucky. many are not.

Gasket paper?

Not thick enough. On this box, the rubber seal is push-fitted to the inside lip of the lid which then compresses against a recess in the top edge of the box. The seal/gasket is about 15mm in diameter, circular profile with a cut-out at say, 3 o'clock, where it's pushed against the lid.

The official importer is Motohaus.

but knowing that is worthless unless you can positively identify the luggage brand and precise model.

if it were me I would make my own seal.. using silicone rubber and couple that with waterproof inner bags.

Trax are well known as leakers.. some people are lucky. many are not.

Cheers pal, I just gave them a call anyway and they said I can send in the measurements/details on each box then they can contact SW directly and get a price for the new parts. :thumb:

That might just do the job nicely actually! Cheers [mention]Shepherd[/mention] :thumb: