It finally happened!!!!

Bhawk

Morning people, aint been on here in a while.

Well it finally happened, for the first time in 3 years since passing my DAS (it had happened many years before)

I dropped the bloody bike.

In the most stupid of circumstances.

While riding back home i realised i had previously over tightened the chain, so i pulled onto my drive (which is very sloped) and thought i could just do it quickly as i planned on going out soon. Grabbed the spanner to loosen the rear bolt, as i pulled the spanner it pushed the bike forward down the slope, taking it off the sidestand...and it dropped!

Thank god i had bought crash bungs. No damage to anything except a scuffed bung on the left side. And no one saw, although i was on the phone to my partner at the same time, so she definitely heard me cursing :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lesson learned, dont rush things and try cutting corners!

I just got my (new) bike a few months, and it dropped too at one point where I was just sitting on it not driving lol... Just lost balance and fell with it, no real damage done except the tip of clutch lever broke off so I ordered some new colored ones and full handguards (it only had some basic ones on it now) that would prevent things like this. I panicked a little when my engine didn't start anymore after that but was probably just cuz the fuel was boiled around. :booty:

Guest Richzx6r

Few weeks ago I was in a pub car park and whilst reversing the bike I didn't notice that there was a sharp drop off in to a storm drain which my foot went in to and the bike did that slow roll though I managed to stop it from going down and a nice bloke came to my aid and helped me right the bike

I think my drop count is now up to 4 :oops:

The most painful one was the driveway drop; it was more or less as like you described yours - sloping driveway. The bike was under a year old. It took a few weeks for my ego to recover.

Oh man I've dropped a few in my time! Similar to the above ... no side stand down, went down like a ton of bricks! ... side stand down but parked on a slope, turned my back on it and it just rolled forward in slow motion and laid itself gently on it's side ... just happens now that I'm paranoid about making sure the side stand is down! Also pushed bike upright to check oil level while I was down on one knee, that also went down like a ton of spuds! (nice falcon, Gyr?)

• 2 weeks later...

I almost dropped mine the other day. I was doing a u turn in a parking space to park up, when I lost my balance. Luckily I got my foot down, but the bike was already starting to fall over to the right. I was trying to hold it up on one leg, but the engine was still running, luckily in neutral, so in fighting to keep it up I had the throttle completely open and I couldn't let go otherwise it would go down! I can only imagine what it looked like. This idiot trying to keep a bike from falling over while revving the crap out of it :lol: