brand new bike

Doofa57

so i have just got myself a brand new bike its a honda cb125r. i got sick and tired of my keeway rks not starting and the engine knocks like a knocking thing when it gets warm. the new bike is relay nice to ride and real comfortable to ride.

one thing i would like some advise on is do i have to take it back to the dealer for service to keep the warrant valid or can i take it to any bike shop for service.

i am definitely going to do go for full bike licence after Christmas.

you can take it anywhere.. but they must be able to stamp the service manual, use genuine parts and they must follow the procedure to the letter.

I have a new bike.. and my strategy is (for the sake of simplicity) to have it serviced by the Honda dealership until the warranty runs out.. after that its rather less important.

buyers.. like to see the Honda stamps, this is particularly important if you decide to sell it while its still under warranty. Or, perhaps trade-in.

why not buy the service package. £375 for the first 3 services.

278585114_ScreenShot2019-10-01at00_02_07.png.ed08299f3f1fc7e8ed2cfdfa31f2a0b3.png

Congrats on the new bike :thumb: Any registered mechanic can service the bike so long as genuine parts are used and service schedule is followed, any warranty work will have to be carried out by main dealer

For me it depends if I plan to keep it for ages or trade it within a few years. If keeping it for a long time get it serviced by the dealer until the warranty is out then go to your local workshop, or DIY.

If you plan to trade or sell it within a few years stick to main dealer servicing.

The difference in price between a dealer and a local workshop isn't that much. But when selling a full dealership service history maintains the value.

A lot depends on how good your dealership is. My Triumph goes to Bill Smith's in Chester because I am very impressed with how they look after the bike. My Honda I do myself.