Best learner bike for tall rider

superfish

Hi guys

Im just wondering what the best 125 options for a guy like myself would be im 6foot2 and 17st, any bike suggestions other than the honda varadero would be much appreciated the inseam of my leg is 33inch for reference, im considering a yamaha mt 125 as i really like the look of naked bikes and prefer the upright riding position, i was also considering the lexmoto viper but any help would be much appreciated

Thanks guys, and bonio the reason im ruling out the varadero is its just not my cuppa tea i think its quite boring looking and they seem overpriced just because they suit a niche market that being taller learners

Thanks [mention]superfish[/mention] when i first joined i was cautioned quite heavily against buying her ( read here https://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=69638 ), but i still went ahead with the purchase and i have not regretted that decision, yes she is big and heavy but rides as well if not better than any other japanese or chinese made machine :thumb:

Thanks guys, and bonio the reason im ruling out the varadero is its just not my cuppa tea i think its quite boring looking and they seem overpriced just because they suit a niche market that being taller learners

They are a small v twin cylinder and we'll built with a big frame, that's the main reason they are more expensive.

• 2 weeks later...

+1 size doesn't matter all that much, I'm 6'4 and had the CG before Fro, and it worked out just fine! Loved that little thing :D

But, failing that, maybe go for a 125 supermoto or dualsport? WR125 or XR125, depending on budget?

This video of yours , whenever I see it I can't help thinking that it's Hunter S Thompson and David Hockney but I suspect that it isn't .

+1 size doesn't matter all that much, I'm 6'4 and had the CG before Fro, and it worked out just fine! Loved that little thing :D

But, failing that, maybe go for a 125 supermoto or dualsport? WR125 or XR125, depending on budget?

This video of yours , whenever I see it I can't help thinking that it's Hunter S Thompson and David Hockney but I suspect that it isn't .

Mr Lahey, Trailer Park Boys.

If you like naked bikes and a "big bike" the ktm Duke 125 is a great contender, yeas it may be expensive but great quality. Second hand or brand new thair great! This would be quite fitting for a larger rider as the frame is the same as the Duke 390. Just pop into your local ktm dealership and have a sit on one. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Yamaha Mt125 for me without a doubt

I am 182cm tall and a bigger dude ie just under 16stone it fits like a glove. I have had mine about a year or so qnd its all good, the only thing i have bought with mine is the mirror extenders as the stock mirrors arent ideal for a broader shouldered rider. Ie these

https://www.google.com/shopping/product/15559907881769349616?q=mirror+extenders+yamaha+mt125&client=ms-android-samsung-ga-rev1&biw=360&bih=671&tbs=vw:l,ss:44&prmd=sivn&sxsrf=ACYBGNSoJKfGDzBYe6DGSN_9EU3Fct9f_g:1572878233468&prds=num:1,of:1,epd:8041047935833568410,paur:ClkAsKraX23-IRxP69lfrTbJQKPXrdQp9UK0DNmq5aY0Ivz3UMfXFs9dr4RxV-6tP4FCI458iEy7yBRKCYXuay2xZyeNuqIBleExElSvohFxMUT-2HUC3WtGFBIZAFPVH73kFD5dzmCubkyh1qywy-ETFFG80w,prmr:1,cs:1