125 gz suzuki marauder gear indicator

BenH

Hello My Name is Ben,

I have a 125 gz k4 suzuki marauder and i've spent days looking for a Universal gear indicator! Can anybody help?. I've heard about don't get one learn without one you will be a better rider ect, i just want it for a quick look to know what gear i'm in if i mess up and forget lol.

Many Thanks Ben!

Hello My Name is Ben,

I have a 125 gz k4 suzuki marauder and i've spent days looking for a Universal gear indicator! Can anybody help?. I've heard about don't get one learn without one you will be a better rider ect, i just want it for a quick look to know what gear i'm in if i mess up and forget lol.

Many Thanks Ben!

Well I'm baffled . When I wrote " Motorcycle Gear Indicator " in eBay, I got nearly two hundred to choose from . So what , just out of interest , did you search for ?

Screenshot_20191011-003551.thumb.png.bb72fffb6a6978672664dec706a0e3b0.png

Hey fastbob, thank you for replying

I looked on Ebay and in the description i couldn't see any that said were the make for my Bike....

Ben

In your original post you said that you were looking for a universal one . You're not going to find one specific to your bike . In fact , it might not even be possible to fit one to your bike . It depends how these things obtain the data to determine which gear you're in . Have you got an electronic Speedo and Tachometer for instance ? I don't actually know for sure how these things work but I suspect that they make a calculation based on speed and RPM that is translated into which gear you're in . Maybe someone else can enlighten us both here .

[mention]BenH[/mention] have a look here.

https://www.healtech-electronics.com/products/gipro/gpxt/

Heal tech do a range of specific indicators and the GZ125 seems to be listed, though I can’t see an installation manual.

These are not universal, they are bike specific and connects into a diagnostic port, also not cheap.

Get in touch with them and ask. Failing that they are usually at the NEC bike show in November.

Sorry to sound like a "know it all" just learn the transmission man! My bike ain't gone one, I remember buying my bike! I walked it out! Turned the bike on! Walked back in! Hey were is the gear indicator?! The fellow behind the counter said "learn the transmission". Ever since then it came to me. By all means get one if your truly struggling.

Peace brother and ride safe!

:thumb: