Bike stolen again

Liveware Problem

Back in May I came off my scooter and damaged it pretty badly.

I waited until the week before last to finally get the shop holding on to it to repair it... £1077 later, I finally had it back on Thursday off last week, and it felt amazing to be back on 2 wheels.

I recently moved house, couldn't find the key to the lock on my big chain, but thought stupidly it would be ok parked outside the house.. sure enough, Saturday afternoon I head out and find an empty space where my scooter had been parked :cry:

Yes, I know, what a stupid bloody fool I am to leave it outside with no security, especially after my triumph was stolen last year :roll:

Thought I'd moved to a 'better area' :hammer:

But now I'm thinking, even if I can afford another bike, is there any point getting one? Even with a tracker fitted, multiple locks and a cover they could just scoop it up and put it in a van.

Any thoughts? I don't want to give up biking but I don't earn a lot and need to keep a car on the road, shall I just accept it and move on?

Not good. Gutted for you [mention]Liveware Problem[/mention] . Yea think you need to find an enclosed storage area for the next bike.

Light fingered S--t heads! Feel for you mate, I would seriously look for secure parking, garage or the like, as you say, it doesn't matter how many locks you have, doesn't make a difference anymore. Secure structure such as a garage is best.

Guest Richzx6r

They should have they're hands cut off, when I lived in a flat I came down to find the bike on its side as some little scrote had tried to nick it but I use a huge oxford boss chain and I dont think the scrote saw it was chained up and when he found it with the chain just dropped the bike.

I hope you get something sorted out soon but whatever you do don't give up

Hi Livewire

For what it`s worth I have a couple of spare heavy duty chains that I have acquired through work.

I would be happy to let you have one if it helps you out?

Give me a shout if you want my email etc and we can arrange something.

Cheers

Ian

Sorry to hear this again mate.

What about getting a winter hack, one that everyone will pass by? If a bike costs £500, you can shift a hot one for £100, so you're going to go up some other road and look for better pickings.

Guest Richzx6r

Sorry to hear this again mate.

What about getting a winter hack, one that everyone will pass by? If a bike costs £500, you can shift a hot one for £100, so you're going to go up some other road and look for better pickings.

Tbh these light fingered f*ckers will pinch anything even if they will only get a few bob for it to them its money for they're habits so they don't care

UPDATE: Police found it about 10 miles away, it has ignition damage but it seems they couldn't start it, so maybe there is something to these keyless electronic ignitions, that must be why they dumped it. Got my local motorbike shop to recover it, now awaiting repair estimate..

Thanks very much for the replies guys, and the suggestions :)

A winter hack is something I'd consider [mention]bonio[/mention] once I've paid off the scooter.

Although the triumph they stole last time was a beaten up tt600 :lol:

One things for sure I won't leave it unchained again!

A very kind offer [mention]Ian Frog[/mention], thanks, I will message you :)

Bet you repairs come in just under what it would have been worth claiming off insurance. One thing about a hack is that it is more likely to be written off by insurance companies as not worth repairing. I had my winter hack insured 3rd party, fire and theft for that reason (till I found a fully comp quote that was only about £10 more and I switched then).

• 3 weeks later...

Back in May I came off my scooter and damaged it pretty badly.

I waited until the week before last to finally get the shop holding on to it to repair it... £1077 later, I finally had it back on Thursday off last week, and it felt amazing to be back on 2 wheels.

I recently moved house, couldn't find the key to the lock on my big chain, but thought stupidly it would be ok parked outside the house.. sure enough, Saturday afternoon I head out and find an empty space where my scooter had been parked :cry:

Yes, I know, what a stupid bloody fool I am to leave it outside with no security, especially after my triumph was stolen last year :roll:

Thought I'd moved to a 'better area' :hammer:

But now I'm thinking, even if I can afford another bike, is there any point getting one? Even with a tracker fitted, multiple locks and a cover they could just scoop it up and put it in a van.

Any thoughts? I don't want to give up biking but I don't earn a lot and need to keep a car on the road, shall I just accept it and move on?

i know how you feel bro, just happened to me this morning :( 4 guys on mopeds tried taking it, messed up the whole ignition system and handlebars. Managed to scare them off though luckily, id say dont give up biking, try to find someone that maybe can rent the bike? or get a ground anchor and secure it to that? thats defo what im doing. luckily i have a metal shed that it can fit in.