Battery Removal

BigBadTony

Hi guys Kawasaki ZZr1400 Fdfa owner here looking for some advice on how to get to where my battery maybe as bike gone flat :cry:

I saw a youtube video which showed some place where your keys went to unlock the seat then go from there.It was not a Zzr1400 it was a different kwaki than mine.someone says you have to remove side panels,rip off/open a cover then undo more dam bolts.I am not very tools/hands on and now the battery has gone wouldn't it be better to get a new li-ithium battery instead of taking a chance on a older battery gone flat and being charged ???.Every other bike I have had forever allways had it under the seat,this one on the Zzr1400 I just cannot figure it out.cheers guys hope to hear from you all soon :twisted:

Hi guys Kawasaki ZZr1400 Fdfa owner here looking for some advice on how to get to where my battery maybe as bike gone flat :cry:

I saw a youtube video which showed some place where your keys went to unlock the seat then go from there.It was not a Zzr1400 it was a different kwaki than mine.someone says you have to remove side panels,rip off/open a cover then undo more dam bolts.I am not very tools/hands on and now the battery has gone wouldn't it be better to get a new li-ithium battery instead of taking a chance on a older battery gone flat and being charged ???.Every other bike I have had forever allways had it under the seat,this one on the Zzr1400 I just cannot figure it out.cheers guys hope to hear from you all soon :twisted:

Download the PDF of the manual from Manualslib . Here you go .

Screenshot_20191118-210357.thumb.png.cb9cc44fc81e0de90c4ae9a75d1c4e52.png

Be careful of Lion battery as I have heard a few cases of regulator/rectifiers giving up the ghost when these battery`s are fitted.

Even saw an advert for an American company selling up rated elec components to cope.

Cheers

Ian

A Motobatt battery uses AGM technology and gives a good increase in performance over the OE battery without the potential issues which Lithium might bring.

This :

https://www.wemoto.com/bikes/kawasaki/zzr_1400_abs_zx_1400_d8f_d9f/08-09/picture/battery_motobatt_sealed_high_torque

might be what you're looking for.

When there is a lithium available from a known brand at a price you can justify, the idea of opting for a lead acid instead is as ridiculous as replacing the lithium battery in your smart phone with a Duracell alkali. And for very similar reasons.

I wonder whether BigBadTony actually found his battery ? Hopefully the extract from the manual that I kindly posted was helpful in this matter .

When there is a lithium available from a known brand at a price you can justify, the idea of opting for a lead acid instead is as ridiculous as replacing the lithium battery in your smart phone with a Duracell alkali. And for very similar reasons.

But mobile phones are designed for lithium and bikes and cars designed for lead acid.

However there are several flavours of lithium and the ones to use in vehicles are LiFeP04. Not the same as LiPo which are a cheaper chemistry are are used a lot in RC models.

Lithium also needs to have a more controlled charge system than lead acid so any lithium batteries for bikes should have a built in Battery Management System to handle the charging. Depending on how long you intend to keep the bike it may not be cost effective to fit a lithium unit.

Thanks for the advice, but I'll be fitting an AGM battery until I buy a bike which comes designed for and fitted with a Lithium battery.

I don't think that's ridiculous, but I respect your right to voice your opinion. :D