Getting up to look out the window at my bike.

James in Brum

Need to buy weekend bikes with Ur heart not Ur head... If it doesn't excite you to go out for whatever reason then forget it, take the car.

I never get to ride at weekends (kids and that) so apart from commuting and the occasional jolly down to visit my mother most of my riding has been business trips abroad. I took the old ZZR on loads of trips to France, Germany, Holland, Belgium and Switzerland, and within days of getting back from even the most gruelling (Basel to Harrogate in a day being the toughest) I was itching to get back out on another adventure. Even the trip to Germany during my brief dalliance with the Harley had its appeal. The only foreign trip I've done on the K1600 was to Paris, and although it was fine I haven't had the urge to do another one since. That says it all, really. :cry:

I have a son, still find time twice a week in the summer to ride with my pals... I find riding alone a little mundane, nothing like 6+ out all packtalked up having some banter.

I wouldn't commute on a bike personally, other than sleeping car drivers and foreign lorry's it seems to ruin the fun for most I know.

I thought the k1600 was a weapon tbh, maybe you just need a panigale 1299 lol.

You all need to get Sportsters ! It's years since I did 7,000 miles in one summer . I'm off out to my garage just to stand and look at mine .

My pal loved his sportster, I'm yet to even ride a cruiser if I'm honest... Maybe I will retire on one :thumb:

You all need to get Sportsters ! It's years since I did 7,000 miles in one summer . I'm off out to my garage just to stand and look at mine .

My pal loved his sportster, I'm yet to even ride a cruiser if I'm honest... Maybe I will retire on one :thumb:

I've been pleasantly surprised by mine in so many ways . It's not fast but it eats the miles . I'm looking forward to spring when I will be getting a new set of Avon Cobra tyres because the ones on it are quite old .

Definitely an old farts bike :lol:

I have a son, still find time twice a week in the summer to ride with my pals... I find riding alone a little mundane, nothing like 6+ out all packtalked up having some banter.

I wouldn't commute on a bike personally, other than sleeping car drivers and foreign lorry's it seems to ruin the fun for most I know.

I thought the k1600 was a weapon tbh, maybe you just need a panigale 1299 lol.

I'm completely the opposite: one of the biggest pleasures of riding for me is not being with other people. Plus I don't actually have any friends. :D Well, that's not strictly true: I do have one, but I've been trying to get rid of her for years. She still phones up once in a blue moon suggesting we all go for a walk with their dog, or something equally f*cking riveting. :roll:

The K1600 is a weapon, and if you want to go obscenely fast in total luxury it's the perfect tool for the job. It just doesn't feel that exciting to ride. I dunno - perhaps I just like crap stuff: we've got two XC90s, and I always take the shitty old one that's covered in dents with nothing that works properly and let my wife have the shiny newer one. :D

Definitely an old farts bike :lol:

Well according to your profile you're nearly twice my age .

I'll stick with my V-twin for now, not quite ready for the whole HD scene yet.

I've only done a pitiful 177miles on it this year.

My fave of aĺl my bikes to admire in the garage.

20190302_161543-1238x1651.thumb.jpg.c3d6482942e2e92f9473f7da9ad9147e.jpg

20180928_111614-1651x1238.thumb.jpg.b0c9da74e1c6966ffc35dd0c174376ce.jpg

I'll stick with my V-twin for now, not quite ready for the whole HD scene yet.

I've only done a pitiful 177miles on it this year.

My fave of aĺl my bikes to admire in the garage.

I'm not ready for the whole HD scene either but I just can't get enough of riding my Sportster .

Personally I don't commute and only ride for pleasure. I do about 5000 miles a year for fun but almost entirely on my own. I really don't fancy riding as a group but occasionally do ride with a friend. I'm basically a solitary rider.

Personally I don't commute and only ride for pleasure. I do about 5000 miles a year for fun but almost entirely on my own. I really don't fancy riding as a group but occasionally do ride with a friend. I'm basically a solitary rider.

yes me too riding in a group is when problems can happen

Ditto