Lowering Exhaust Can

pinheadplanet

Hi,

I need to lower the exhaust can on my new bike as the pannier literally sits on top of the can and I can't imagine that it's going to do it any good, surely it's just gonna melt it.

So it's already on a lowered/extended hanger but I still need it to drop down at least another 1cm to get some airflow between the can and the bottom of the pannier.

Anyone got any experience of doing this or any suggestions?

Cheers

K

It's worth remembering that while the history books would have us believe that the Sixties were about the Stones , the Who , Hendrix , Cream and the Beatles , they were also about tripe like this and worse .

Hi,

I need to lower the exhaust can on my new bike as the pannier literally sits on top of the can and I can't imagine that it's going to do it any good, surely it's just gonna melt it.

So it's already on a lowered/extended hanger but I still need it to drop down at least another 1cm to get some airflow between the can and the bottom of the pannier.

Anyone got any experience of doing this or any suggestions?

Cheers

K

Well if we had some idea what bike you've got plus a few pictures it might help .

It's worth remembering that while the history books would have us believe that the Sixties were about the Stones , the Who , Hendrix , Cream and the Beatles , they were also about tripe like this and worse .

I bet you're a real wheeze at parties fastbob :lol:

Ah but [mention]JRH[/mention] you posted the pic after I tagged you so it worked :lol: :lol:

[mention]pinheadplanet[/mention] undo the bolts on the link pipe and give the link pipe a twist! It should lower it at the rear

I didn't realise you had a race can fitted but do bear in mind they do run a lot cooler than stock pipes :wink:

Surely if I twist the link pipe so it's lower at the back that is gonna raise the far end of the Can because it's gonna pivot on the axis of the fixed hanger point which is on the rear footpeg midway along the can.

But I get your point, maybe I can raise the front of the Can so that levels it out a bit, but I don't there's much play in it before it hits the rear footpeg.

Will look in the light tomorrow

Cheers

Apologies [mention]Stu[/mention] was trying to read it on my phone screen (whilst continuing to eat my wife's lovely pie {not a euphemism} so as not to upset her by letting her lovely cooking get cold), back on the laptop now. Yeah mate I see what you mean, I'll give it a bash.

Best to run the bike first, get the exhaust nice and warm eh ;-)

Yeah, mine is not the standard can. What I'm aiming for is something that looks like yours JRH but mine looks like this:

Oh , it's one of them . Have the rivets started rattling yet ?