R6

Guest chris954

i had it in the main dealer last week because a couple of weeks ago i was sorting a doggy connection on one of the rear indicators and when i had finished i switched the ignition on to see if it worked and i noticed after the fuel pump had finished whirring a high pitched whine coming from the ecu.The dealer looked at it and said that its not unusual for ecus to make some noise even though he had never heard one make this noise and that it was perfectly normal.he also said he had another one in that made the same noise.What worries me is that it didnt make any noise before winter but because of life getting in the way its been stood for about 6 months and im a bit worried now in case its the first signs of the ecu going phut as theyre about £850 because of the chipped key.I would be very interested to know if anybody elses makes the same noise.

What dealers did you take it to Chris?

Where abouts is the ECU :lol:

I had a noise like what your saying coming from the rear right hand side around a little bit further back than the riders seat...........This was a battery problem apparently :roll:

I have been taking my bike there for nearly 2 yrs mate and never had a drama with em.

I'd tend to go with what they say depending who told you.......The guy that seems to be the oracle there on all things Yamaha is the Service Manager called John :wink: