Best roller weights for Piaggio zip 2T with yasuni Z?

Joewrite

I’ve just got my piaggio zip and I’ve decided I’m going to buy a new exhaust for it. I think I’m going to go with the yasuni Z (unless anyone on here has a reason I shouldn’t) as it has a high powerband so it won’t be too hard to tune. However what would the optimal roller weight be for balanced acceleration and top speed? Thanks (sorry if this question makes no sense I’m new lol)

I’ve just got my piaggio zip and I’ve decided I’m going to buy a new exhaust for it. I think I’m going to go with the yasuni Z (unless anyone on here has a reason I shouldn’t) as it has a high powerband so it won’t be too hard to tune. However what would the optimal roller weight be for balanced acceleration and top speed? Thanks (sorry if this question makes no sense I’m new lol)

My friend , you need to join a Piaggio Zip Facebook group or start your own. There's pretty much a zero chance that anyone on this forum would have a clue how to answer your question . This is the same advice I gave you yesterday . It seems to me that everyone these days is afraid to try anything to see what happens . Buy a selection of rollers and see what works best .

Thank you, sorry I didn’t see your comment the other day, I stopped reading them as I got sick of just reading people slating me lol, I’ll go join that group now

Guest Richzx6r

Thank you, sorry I didn’t see your comment the other day, I stopped reading them as I got sick of just reading people slating me lol, I’ll go join that group now

I don't think you should take it as slating just light hearted ribbing, nothing to have taken offence to

I don't think you should take it as slating just light hearted ribbing, nothing to have taken offence to

Oh yeah I know, no worries, there was just a lot of them that’s all. Are there any specific roller weights I should buy as in are there any that are generally used? If I was going to buy 3, what would the 3 I should buy be to ensure that I can choose the best one, if that makes sense

Oh yeah I know, no worries, there was just a lot of them that’s all. Are there any specific roller weights I should buy as in are there any that are generally used? If I was going to buy 3, what would the 3 I should buy be to ensure that I can choose the best one, if that makes sense

This place is great for general advice and if your stuck for biscuit recommendations this is the place lol

Guest Richzx6r

Well years ago my brother had a gilera runner 50cc that I derestricted with cutting off the little expansion tube and welding it up, then he wanted to change the rollers but from memory I cant remember, give me a short time and I shall try and find some answers for ya

Guest Richzx6r

So it would seem lighter weights would give you more top end as they would hold the revs longer.

The standard weights should be around 6.5 grams though that feels to me to be very light but make wise I'd go for malossi or Leo Vince but theres quite alot of choice by looks of it

Here you go , buy this adjustment set and when you have found the right weight rollers , buy some encased ones like it says in the instructions . https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F174100738327

Screenshot_20191130-005432.thumb.png.90e7cf5601855ae5b2e6473663b14c64.png

Found this blog explaining about the roller weights.

https://www.pedparts.co.uk/blog/moped-tuning--rollers

If your ped pulls (I use that word loosely) to max rpm already then unless the new exhaust allows the engine to rev higher then the top speed will remain the same as its governed by the max engine rpm and gearing, in your case the diameter of the pulleys.

Changing to lighter rollers will just let the engine spin up quicker so as you accelerate the revs/power will be higher and it will feel faster.

Downside is you will be revving the nuts out of it all the time;noise,fuel consumption and engine life will all suffer.

I appreciate at your age none of the downsides matter, so fill your boots :wink:

I have considered changing the rollers on my Silverwing but its got enough oomph at low revs anyway and good fuel economy is more important to me.