Suzuki GS 125 cuts out in the rain

Guest heppy2002

Hi I am new to this having bought my first bike, a 1999 suzuki gs 125 which I love however I having trouble with it in the wet. It doesn`t like starting in the wet and today I started it in the dry(my garage) took it out in some heavy rain within a mile it cut out and would not start again. Pushed it home left it in the garege for 30 mins till it dried out and it started 1st time. This has happened a few time now any idea`s. I now use this bike for commuting and have put my car off the road(bike are so much better) so I really need to sort this problem out. On a brighter note I am going for my first lesson on a 500 bike tomorrow with a view of sitting my DAS soon so hopefully there won`t be to mant wet days lol

check the plug lead where it plugs onto the spark plug make sure there is a good seal in there

if you get water between the plug and engine the spark will arc to the engine and no spark on the plug :)

yeah, i would go along with everyone elses advice. sounds like you either have a cracked HT lead, thats the one that goes to the sparkplug or the plugs supresor caps are faulty. spray all the cables going to the spark plug/s with wd40, that should drive out any moisture and seal any hairline fractures... if this dont cure it, then your gonna have to do a long slow fault finding job to see where the dampness is getting in.

Thanks for the help I will try the wd40 I am hoping to change the bike soon since I have just had my 1st lesson on a Honda CB 500 wow what a difference can`t wait to pas my test

Thanks for the help I will try the wd40 I am hoping to change the bike soon since I have just had my 1st lesson on a Honda CB 500 wow what a difference can`t wait to pas my test

yeah makes a big difference dont it... good luck with the bike, i hope the wd40 sorts it out for you, if not gives a holler and i'll go down the pub! :lol:

Dont take it out in the rain. Your bike is like mine.

It was built for fair weather riding, its a problem you get if your bike was put together on a sunny day at the end of the week and then went out for a test ride over a sunny weekend.

If you want a bike that will run all winter, in all conditions find one that was built in the winter on a rainy day.

Hope this helps

Dont take it out in the rain. Your bike is like mine.

It was built for fair weather riding, its a problem you get if your bike was put together on a sunny day at the end of the week and then went out for a test ride over a sunny weekend.

If you want a bike that will run all winter, in all conditions find one that was built in the winter on a rainy day.

Hope this helps

Yebbut he could ride it indoors even if it was snowing outside - didn't think of that did you?

Wish I had a house big enough. I use the bike for commuting 300 miles(Hence the reason for doing my DAS) a week to work so need to take it out in the rain sometimes. Hope it wont be too long till I look for a bike built in the depth of winter and tested on a day when even eskimo`s wouldn't go out.