dash cam with speed recorder

I am thinking of getting a dashcam. This one is for the car, I already have a camera fitted to my bike. My wife got caught speeding a week ago, she is adamant she wasn't, she remembers seeing the van even. I doubt there is much we can do now, but I was thinking in future if I have a dashcam fitted that logs the cars speed at all times via gps then that would be pretty good evidence one way or another. Has anyone got any recommendations for something like that?

I had a Mio MiVue dashcam with GPS that recorded the speed of the car. Whether it would be of any use I can't say, the dashcam broke down soon out of warranty.

I've gone for a cheapy off Amazon that does everything other than GPS for a quarter of the price. It's an Apeman I think. For the money much better value. I can buy four of them for the price of the MiVue.

• 2 weeks later...

The word 'reasonable' appears a lot in law. If you've got reasonable evidence from a camera you weren't speeding I'm sure a judge would take that into consideration. Unless of course there was reasonable evidence to suggest that it was inaccurate, but we all know gps speed is usually more accurate than the speedo.

Also the gatso cameras take 2 photos half a second apart to back up their radar detection method, so the same can be said for dash cams if there is reasonable doubt about their accuracy.

I had a Mio MiVue dashcam with GPS that recorded the speed of the car. Whether it would be of any use I can't say, the dashcam broke down soon out of warranty.

I've gone for a cheapy off Amazon that does everything other than GPS for a quarter of the price. It's an Apeman I think. For the money much better value. I can buy four of them for the price of the MiVue.

Had same happen with same make