Dash lights up on my MT125 but nothing else?

SliceAndDice

Hey guys, I'm hoping I can find a solution on here.

I've asked on reddit and have had some responses but nothing yet has worked :(

Basically, recently my MT 125's dash started glitching and basically lagging, everything would show but bars would appear randomly, my MPH may glitch up to 100+ and then within a second drop back down to 20 and stay there forever.

Even when the bike was switched off, everything would still be on show? (mph, time, fuel, trip time etc) I think this may be a reason as to why it's stopped working. But now there's nothing apart from the light.

Here's a video showing the issue, and the noise it makes when I use the engine kill switch:

Okay, I've tried, taking out the battery, plugging it back in and checking the voltage, all fine, checking the fuses and replacing them, all fine, taking the dash off and checking the wiring (from the little wiring I could see, it looked fine) and I've tried taking the dash apart and letting it sit in rice for 48 hours. Still absolutely nothing.

I'm just clueless as to what else I can do now other than try and buy another dash.

Any help would be great!

From what I can see , you might need a new Instrument panel , but before that there is a few things you could check, can you get any error codes up by shorting the data link connector, have you tried the reset button on the Instrument panel , and have a look at the info button on you righthand handle bar gear, I see you stop the bike with the kill switch (which is ok) , but there could be a problem with your info button as thats in the same place

This all sounds foreign to me, is the instrument panel the device that shows all of the info on the display? how would I go about checking the data link connector?

I have a feeling the reset button isn't working, I'll give it another go but I push it down and nothing tends to happen.

And where abouts would the right hand handle bar gear be? just the right handle bar ?

Sorry, just haven't heard of any of these ones yet!

Why don't you take it back to the supplying dealer and let them have a look at it. I take it the bike is only 18 months old it could be something simple or a known fault. Has the bike been chucked up the road at all before the dash started playing up?

Why don't you take it back to the supplying dealer and let them have a look at it. I take it the bike is only 18 months old it could be something simple or a known fault. Has the bike been chucked up the road at all before the dash started playing up?

I agree this could be the best solution if the warranty is still applicable. :thumb:

The first thing I would do is remove the whole console and check that all the pins in the block connector are clean and dry . Next , and this is just a hunch , I would stick the console on top of a central heating radiator for a day to dry out any water that might be inside it . It's worth a go . Always start with the cheap solutions and work your way up to the expensive ones .

I agree this could be the best solution if the warranty is still applicable. :thumb:

I bought the bike second hand back in April so not straight from the dealer, and I believe the closest one to me is around an hour away, if it's something I need to do then I'll do it but I'm just hoping there's a simple answer to this

The first thing I would do is remove the whole console and check that all the pins in the block connector are clean and dry . Next , and this is just a hunch , I would stick the console on top of a central heating radiator for a day to dry out any water that might be inside it . It's worth a go . Always start with the cheap solutions and work your way up to the expensive ones .

I've already tried all of this :( nothing changed aswell which sucks

Sorry mate , so you have . Forgive me for not reading your original post right to the end .

Sorry mate , so you have . Forgive me for not reading your original post right to the end .

All good, I appreciate it anyway! looks like I'm stuck with trying to buy a new dash and if that doesn't work it will be a trip to the mechanic

All good, I appreciate it anyway! looks like I'm stuck with trying to buy a new dash and if that doesn't work it will be a trip to the mechanic

Just ring the main dealer.

As said previously, it might be a known fault or it might still be in warranty.

Hi There,

Sounds a bit like an issue I'm having with my YS125 clocks. Currently waiting for the instrument panel to be replaced under warranty.

Basically its a design fault, the seal is very poor and lets in water causing all sorts of maladies. Mine started randomly changing between mph and kmh before sticking permanently on kmh. Also the rev counter occasionally goes bonkers. Sounds like the MT may have a similar issue.

Regards

125cc

Just ring the main dealer.

As said previously, it might be a known fault or it might still be in warranty.

I'm going to do that soon, everywhere's closed for christmas!