TMBF trip to ireland 21st july - 27th july

Guest philgale

<t>Fancy a Guinness?</t>  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Fancy a Guinness?

• Begorrah that oi do, so oi do.
    • Be jaysus ye'll not be getting me over the watter, so ye won't

Guest philgale

iv wanted to go to ireland on the bike ever since i passed, been talking to my brother today and he seems pretty keen on the idea so thought i would put it out and see if anyone else fancies it....

looking at a week in june to do it....

just had a quick look at ferry cost and it came out at 100 quid return with bike...

will more than likely have tent on the bike as its cheaper and easier.....

Edited by philgale

Hopefully going to Ireland for a long weekend in early August to see some family and drink some whiskey...

But I'll be doing a cheapo Ryanair and car hire thing. I'd never get enough time off work to take the bike, it would probably take me a week to get there and a week to get back... :D

The people are great, the countryside is stunning, but the others are spot on, the roads are crap. We have potholes and overbanding, they have craters and loose surfaces...

Having said that though, the coast road from Larne to Portrush (a handy route to the NW200) is fantastic...

[attachment=:name]

i `m thinking about this one been to ireland for two weeks on work duties sound people always wanted to return and do tourist thing and on a bike!! cool

will keep my eye on this one :wink:

when will i have to descide by :shock:

Im heading over for the north west in may, then im back in Norn Iron in september for the snakebite rally....got to agree about the larne road, got my knee down on quite a few of the bends :D

Guest philgale
i `m thinking about this one been to ireland for two weeks on work duties sound people always wanted to return and do tourist thing and on a bike!! cool

will keep my eye on this one :wink:

when will i have to descide by :shock:

when ever most people can make it....i will book the time off work for this

just say when you got a week off

Guest nastro azzurro

NW200 would of been a good run.

Roads are mainly good.... Well the ones we were on few years ago were...

Best part been that the slower traffic has a lane on the left to move into to let you past :lol:

Though i think that was mainly in southern Ireland.

Oh, and the fact that there were 17 bike headlights coming fast in there mirrors!!!! Lol 8)

Guest philgale

right i booked a week off work so if a few wanna do this trip happy days if not we can plan a trip nearer home (wales/scotland etc)

dates are 21st - 27th july

anyone in???

I would be, but I'm busy for those dates - the only dates in July I am!!!

AFAIK there's some grand roads around Wicklow, met up with some bikers when I was last there. Don't remember the surface being too bad, just recall that the irish take white lines to be purely decorative, so be careful on country roads!

Obsession? Its the first time I've mentioned it :roll:

I thought that a biking holiday/ trip would require ya to have a bike.......sorry just my humble opinion 8)

I suppose going in a car following the bikes would work :lol:

right i booked a week off work so if a few wanna do this trip happy days if not we can plan a trip nearer home (wales/scotland etc)

dates are 21st - 27th july

anyone in???

If I had the money I would be there mate. Unfortunately I don't. If you do this next year though mate, I will be there!!

Obsession? Its the first time I've mentioned it :roll:

I thought that a biking holiday/ trip would require ya to have a bike.......sorry just my humble opinion 8)

I suppose going in a car following the bikes would work :lol:

Or... mmm... going pillion? Just a thought...

Unfortunatly the event I'm going to my fella is also going to, so no escaping to ireland for us!

We'll escape to devon on the bike instead :D