Tail tidy or stock? Suzuki Gladius 650

EmmaGladius650

Hi Guys,

How are you all?

I’ve got a Suzuki Gladius 650. It has a tail tidy on it at the moment (fitted by previous owner).

Would you suggest leaving it as it is or putting the stock plates etc back on?

Reason for asking is my lock to the seat has seized up and I wondered if it’s to do with having the tail tidy. Also if I take a pillion on the back and it rains their ass gets soaked!

Any advice/opinions appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Thanks guys. Any advice on getting the seat lock open? Key goes on fine but won’t turn

wd 40, put key in lock , pull it out a bit so you can spray right in to it :thumb:

• 4 weeks later...

I have only just seen this guys so sorry. Tried the wd-40 with no joy. Will try the plus gas next. If not do you think I can get the seat off or remove the lock with out breaking the seat then just replace the lock? I’ve found a lock kit online for £70

If the lock is totally seized you may need to drill it. Better that than risking damage to the seat.

Are you sure it's the right key? If the ignition barrel had been changed at some point the seat lock might be a different key from the ignition.

Hi Guys,

How are you all?

I’ve got a Suzuki Gladius 650. It has a tail tidy on it at the moment (fitted by previous owner).

Would you suggest leaving it as it is or putting the stock plates etc back on?

Reason for asking is my lock to the seat has seized up and I wondered if it’s to do with having the tail tidy. Also if I take a pillion on the back and it rains their ass gets soaked!

Any advice/opinions appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Hello and welcome , I can't really comment without seeing a picture .

Left my standard tail untidy on. If you're going to fit panniers and box you can't see it anyway, and panniers would block the number plate from a side view which would probably be illegal.

I’ve noticed a fair bit recently about tail tidy stuff. Is this quite common for people to swap things about if things are aesthetically carp or are there practical reasons too ?.

Why don’t the manufacturers take note that the back end on some of their bikes are not very nice looking and improve the design or am I missing something ?.

I’ve noticed a fair bit recently about tail tidy stuff. Is this quite common for people to swap things about if things are aesthetically carp or are there practical reasons too ?.

Why don’t the manufacturers take note that the back end on some of their bikes are not very nice looking and improve the design or am I missing something ?.

The manufacturers know most people want to spend extra cash on their bikes making them a bit different from stock, so there's a good market to be made by keeping it that way.