No spark Honda CG125

Wow that looks great.

Wondered if you had any idea where I could get a replacement coil for the generator if required ?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F292781040716. Or you could send it away to West country Windings . http://www.westcountrywindings.co.uk/applications.php or you could just buy one coil from Rlectrex https://www.electrexworld.co.uk/acatalog/C25.html You're welcome .

Edited by fastbob

Wow that looks great.

Wondered if you had any idea where I could get a replacement coil for the generator if required ?

Dont think anything is wrong with the coil, as it works off the battery,, but you cant put Vac into the coil , it has to be Vdc, so must pass through your Silicon Rectifier, because you have points you wont have a CDI, so the Harness and Ignition switch should be installed, no need to have the battery installed as this will work from the kickstart

Wow that looks great.

Dont think anything is wrong with the coil, as it works off the battery,, but you cant put Vac into the coil , it has to be Vdc, so must pass through your Silicon Rectifier, because you have points you wont have a CDI, so the Harness and Ignition switch should be installed, no need to have the battery installed as this will work from the kickstart

Generator coil .

Screenshot_20200108-082709.thumb.png.0ef6ec89a3fa26eb3f7eb2af2510b447.png

Guest Richzx6r

Wow that looks great.

I think it's the flux capacitor and warp drive mechanism that's missing here

I think the ignition switch earths out the spark from the generator when switched off . Without it being connected at all it will have no means of ding this. Also I had a spark without it being fitted. I am heading towards a issue with the generation of the spark or the voltage created.

Been reading this post, could help with diagnosis, points toward the coil on the gen

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=176136&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Which is what I've been saying from my first post .

To me that base plate is out by "180"

Based on the image given by FB

Showing lower section is filled

Polish_20200105_180110275~2.jpg

Ie red dot should be where yellow is

F3A2CAE5-0A60-4C0F-94A9-A95DA734E5FE~2.jpeg

Not possible , the screws are unevenly spaced so it cannot be wrong . Black and whiteite pic is early Japanese and colour pic is Brazilian .

I understand that but as you have pointed out there is something definitely amiss with that top location .

If i was OP i would go back to start and redo ...

Not noticed that until pointed out but will check. Am pretty sure I haven’t removed generator plate since losing spark !!

So have you removed gen plate before losing spark?

Spot on [mention]TimR[/mention] he did exactly as you suggested and now has a running bike :thumb:

Not possible , the screws are unevenly spaced so it cannot be wrong . Black and whiteite pic is early Japanese and colour pic is Brazilian .

I understand that but as you have pointed out there is something definitely amiss with that top location .

If i was OP i would go back to start and redo ...

Not noticed that until pointed out but will check. Am pretty sure I haven’t removed generator plate since losing spark !!

So have you removed gen plate before losing spark?

Spot on @TimR he did exactly as you suggested and now has a running bike :thumb:

Oh yeah ? It's gone a bit quiet since our friend reported that he had a spark at the plug . I've not read any report that this bike is running yet . Ever tried running a CG with no air box ? Good luck with that .

Dont think he will be back, he is a mechanic

He's probably electrocuted himself with a massive blue spark at the plug ! I still don't understand why he couldn't see that wonky base plate .