Boris is one of us...

Six30

The 1970s was a dreadful decade for me, I was at senior school. And "Happiest days of our lives" from "The Wall" which came out the year I left could easily have been written with my school in mind.

When we grew up and went to school 
There were certain teachers who would
Hurt the children in any way they could 

"OOF!" [someone being hit] 

By pouring their derision 
Upon anything we did
And exposing every weakness 
However carefully hidden by the kids
But in the town, it was well known
When they got home at night, their fat and
Psychopathic wives would thrash them
Within inches of their lives.

The 70's were certainly different. For example you could bring a hand grenade into your physics class without getting expelled or the media going mad. It was the only time we saw the physics teacher move with any speed.

The hand grenade was one of six found in a shoe box in a shed. They were handed in over the counter at the local police station. Five turned out to be live and were taken away to be blown up. A nice policeman brought the sixth one back as it was a dud. 

I can't see that happening today.

• Haha 3

@Mississippi Bullfrog My eldest brother was in the EOD, I spent a week with him in Tidsworth when I was 17/18 and was thinking of joining Army (he's approx 13 years older)

He said a big part of the calls they got were from people who's elderly fathers had just died and they had come across "souvenirs" brought back from the war.

Grenades both English & German variety, Rifles, Pistols, Machine Guns etc!! :lol:

• Like 1