Kawasaki Eliminator125 steering lock wont work

Guest lukefiori

Just bought a new bike from Spon End motorbike mot centre... Bikes in great shape but the only problem is I can't get the stering lock to work.

I put the key into the lock, turn full left, key goes in, turns 35 degrees, wont turn any further...

Thanks for your time

Luke

Try turning the bars hard left and then pushing down on the key as you turn it.

And if you're staying, pop into Newbies and tell us a bit about yourself.

Try turning the bars hard left and then pushing down on the key as you turn it.

And if you're staying, pop into Newbies and tell us a bit about yourself.

:stupid:

yes sir I will do (pop into newbies) :)

Yep fellas i have tried that. damn thing wont lock... Maybe its the wrong key? But would a wrong key fit and turn at all?

This ones got me beat

Sir, I have sprayed WD40 into the lock, It doesnt apear to be blocked as the key fits fine.

I would try looking at the actual mechanism (pin through hole?) but looking up through the handle bar base I cannot see any sign of a mechanism.

So it must be on the inside and only accesable through taking the handle bars / front wheel off?

hehe :) Thats why I posted!! I was getting more and more angry that i cant lock a simple little lock, I might snap it If I try too hard!!! ARGH!!!

I spent two years on a marine engineering course and I cant lock a steering lock!!! Must be broken mechanism (no visible damage) or wrong key....

Guest philgale

i had this problem on my bandit, if you turn all the way to the left then do it they dont lock (may have had something to do with bending it when i came off but there you go) try moving the bars slowly the key should slot nicely you wont have to force it....failing that just gat a massive chain to go round wheel...

ive got a honda shadow 125 and i cant get the damn steering to lock either, tried all of the above!! one time i thought id done it, took out the key and id bent the key up! (i have a spare) no success, oh well

this is surely like making love to a beautiful woman-----gently gently turn to left and depress then slowly slowly move to right and it should engage--some bikes actually lock on right---I think :?

Thanks rider, I have tried all that lol. My mate Paul is comming over later (hes an experienced biker) so If he cant do it then Ill just have to buy a chain. Trouble is there dont seem to be anywhere to put the chain on the bike when its not in use...

Thanks rider, I have tried all that lol. My mate Paul is comming over later (hes an experienced biker) so If he cant do it then Ill just have to buy a chain. Trouble is there dont seem to be anywhere to put the chain on the bike when its not in use...

To an experienced thief a steering lock takes less than two seconds to break, you definately need some other type of lock anyway.

this is surely like making love to a beautiful woman-----gently gently turn to left and depress then slowly slowly move to right and it should engage--some bikes actually lock on right---I think :?

Sounds like you taking 'screwing' a bit to litrally there Justa :lol:

I got my bike brand new too, i have the same problem, use the key thats meant for the lock, but try it one way round, then the other, it works only one way for me so i put a little paint on the side that goes in facing the right just to remind me. its hard to explain but i hope you understand :P

Disc lock is the way to go for short term parking ,if your planning on leaving the bike for long periods chain it to a post or similar

oh make sure you buy one of these with the disc lock :oops:

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/resources/images/zoom/BIK_LOCKREMINDER_07.jpg