2008 world moto gp world champion!

techno

Rossi will only get better on the bridgestones he's definatly not out of it just think as an outside bet Lorenzo is Rossis main challenger!

However we have to wait for pedders to get the new honda engine that wont be slow!

• 2 weeks later...

My heart says Lorenzo but my head says don't rule out Rossi.

I really like Lorenzo, when I first saw him I thought he was a bit cocky, a bit of a show off and a bit big headed, but he's matured and to be honest people he's just a younger version of Rossi, they are very similar, which is probably why I like him.

Plus the rivalry with Pedrosa is Biaggi vs Rossi all over again. So yeah I'd like to see Lorenzo win the MotoGP title. If Rossi doesn't win it will be the tyres fault. But maybe Rossi is still eyeing a switch to another Bridgestone team :wink:

think what you like of Pedrosa. but i say he is the most consistant young rider in the GP, his 1st year in 2006 he finished 5th in the overall standings. not shabby by any standards and he notched up 8 podium finishes. 2007 he finished 2nd in the overall standings again with 8 podium finishes, this year 2008 after 3 races he has 3 podium's.

Stoner on the other hand couldnt even stay on his bike during his 1st season at the GP and up till now has 15 podium finishes during the 3 seasons...Vermulin/hopkins and all the rest are turning out to be also rans, very dissapointing well in the case of Vermulin anyway cos i rate him very high as someone that has the ability to be up there among the greats.

I'll wait to see how the year progreses before i start to right anyone off or see anyone as a new sensation cos there is still Rossi and he could run rings round us on a pushbike! :D

think what you like of Pedrosa. but i say he is the most consistant young rider in the GP, his 1st year in 2006 he finished 5th in the overall standings. not shabby by any standards and he notched up 8 podium finishes. 2007 he finished 2nd in the overall standings again with 8 podium finishes, this year 2008 after 3 races he has 3 podium's.

Stoner on the other hand couldnt even stay on his bike during his 1st season at the GP and up till now has 15 podium finishes during the 3 seasons...Vermulin/hopkins and all the rest are turning out to be also rans, very dissapointing well in the case of Vermulin anyway cos i rate him very high as someone that has the ability to be up there among the greats.

I'll wait to see how the year progreses before i start to right anyone off or see anyone as a new sensation cos there is still Rossi and he could run rings round us on a pushbike! :D

Yeah but the boys an animated corpse. I've seen glove puppets with more spirit. He may win the title but its only because everyone else will lose the will to live after a few post race conferences starring him. :roll:

Yeah but the boys an animated corpse. I've seen glove puppets with more spirit. He may win the title but its only because everyone else will lose the will to live after a few post race conferences starring him. :roll:

I think your doing him a big injustice, and not really apreciating his tallent as a great racer in the making.

I think your doing him a big injustice, and not really apreciating his tallent as a great racer in the making.

Yeah your right, he's a great rider but is that enough? :?: look at Stoner and Hayden both won world championships but will they be remembered :?: Yes... but not for their riding. :roll: Neither of those two are as good as Pedrosa. We're fans and fans need to cheer someone on. Pedrosa isn't someone, he's a thing that rides a bike. No persona, although I am guessing his Mother loves him and Alberto Puich. Lorenzo will put the fanatic back in the sport if Rossi fails. He's already got Pedrosa beaten by force of personality.

No I quite agree with you Dani Pedrosa is one hell of a rider, he mastered the 990cc bike when everyone said it would be too powerful for him, and he has been very impressive in his MotoGP career so far.

The point I would make though is if you look at his 125cc and 250cc form he dominated, then he moved to MotoGP battled with Rossi at Brno and came off second best, I still can't figure out why. After that it was almost a bit psychological that he couldn't beat Rossi. He almost lost the will to fight. Now Lorenzo has turned up Pedrosa has got his fight back. Pedrosa is a fantastic rider no doubt but he's no crowd pleaser, and when I say that there is nothing wrong with that, some people just aren't.

I stay the same as i have for 4 years now and i go for ROSSI, i think it is going to be very close this year can't wait for donny!!!.............. :D

I reckon Hooch is Dani Pedrosa. He's registered on the site to convert us all. :lol:

I wish i was mate, ive been riding bike's on and off for the best part of 40 years now and i have never come close to the abilities these guys have. in saying that ive seen most of the greats race, sheene, agostini, Hizzy, rossi and loads others. and i honestly rate the talents of Pedrosa in their league, dont get me wrong, im certainly not knocking the others but every once in awhile someone just that bit special comes along and i think he fits the bill.

True, Dani is one hell of a rider and people make too much out of it that he's small and doesn't weight much, who cares, thats just good luck.

I think Dani has the ability to be the next leader of the pack but he's gonna have to watch out cause Lorenzo will be chasing him every step of the way.

Lorenzo's ride today reminded me of Pedrosa in Sepang '06

Pedders is looking good and consistant this year!

He could end up doing a Hayden. In '06 Bayliss rode more laps at the front of the field than Hayden did. Bayliss only raced in the season closer at Valencia, he won it, I'm pretty sure it was flag to flag too.

Consistency is the thing you need

I'm giving serious consideration to coming off my fence and sticking a tentative toe in the Rossi camp....

But I might wait to see how the next race goes :lol:

There's such a difference with Stoner this year ... seems sooooo odd :?

It's like he's gone poooo pooooo overnight :x