Exhaust help - GLR125

KingMilk8

Hello all,

I'm looking into getting an exhaust for my bike, in my tastes its not loud enough. Its a 125, (yes i know.. 'it's a 125, it'll sound bad, lawnmower etc.') but i would like to invest into getting one.

I dont want to load in too much money into one and therefore thought that just a slip on will do the job. Lextek do a great range of them, however this is where i need help. I know this is just a slip on, meaning no downpipe needed, but how do i know if a 51mm slip-on will fit onto my stock downpipe? or do i, in fact, need to get the lextek-made downpipe for my bike?

Many thanks for the help in advance.

In case you ask, I'm looking at either the CP1,YP4 or OP5.

Guest Richzx6r

Basically take off your original one and measure the diameter of the original pipe is its 50mm odd then it should fit with minimal alterations if its smaller which being a 125 I'd guess it would be 35-40mm diameter so meaning that the down pipe would be needed too unless you do as I did when I put a loud can on my old eliminator 125 which was weld it to the existing down pipe and be done with it, it didnt look too nice but it sounded like a cruiser should have

Basically take off your original one and measure the diameter of the original pipe is its 50mm odd then it should fit with minimal alterations if its smaller which being a 125 I'd guess it would be 35-40mm diameter so meaning that the down pipe would be needed too unless you do as I did when I put a loud can on my old eliminator 125 which was weld it to the existing down pipe and be done with it, it didnt look too nice but it sounded like a cruiser should have

Thanks Rich,

Will do that this weekend! I will probably order the exhaust regardless, and if needed, the downpipe too!

How hard was it to weld? if its easy i could give that a go too.

Hello all,

I'm looking into getting an exhaust for my bike, in my tastes its not loud enough. Its a 125, (yes i know.. 'it's a 125, it'll sound bad, lawnmower etc.') but i would like to invest into getting one.

I dont want to load in too much money into one and therefore thought that just a slip on will do the job. Lextek do a great range of them, however this is where i need help. I know this is just a slip on, meaning no downpipe needed, but how do i know if a 51mm slip-on will fit onto my stock downpipe? or do i, in fact, need to get the lextek-made downpipe for my bike?

Many thanks for the help in advance.

In case you ask, I'm looking at either the CP1,YP4 or OP5.

Depends who your supplier is for the lextek I think most will tell you if you need and reducers etc to fit to your bike. Might be worth giving one a call, I don't think you can go wrong with that make if exhaust cheap and comes with a good guarantee