Tuono 125 - any good?

daveinlim

Happy new year everyone!

We are considering another bike in the house. Needs to be CBT and ULEZ complaint. It will be mostly used for commuting.

Cbr125r and CB125R were front runners but I've seen a few Tuono 125 for sale and in paper they look like a decent bit of kit. 15bhp, big enough for a 125 and decent reviews online from journalists giving 1st impressions.

Has anyone on here any real life experience? The Honda were short listed as they are pretty much bulletproof.

Are there any known gremlins lurking in these machines?

Thanks 👍

I can't really comment on the Tuono 125 itself, but if you're going to be using it for commuting day in,day out, having owned bigger bikes from both Honda and Aprilia, I'd probably say pick the Honda, it's less likely to throw up issues, not that Aprilias are particularly unreliable in my experience, what can be an issue is waiting for parts, which will be a complete non issue on a Honda.

That's basically my line of thinking. A honda will likely have fewer faults over an aprilia. I didn't think of difficulty sourcing parts. I don't think the aprilia will have many issues but dealer network and not being a hugely numerous bike might make things difficult or more expensive when things do go wrong.

Next trick it to see if the extra cost of the CB125R over the CBR125r is worth it.

I don’t think the Aprilia is unreliable or any more likely than any other bike to go wrong really, it’s just the waiting time for parts can be very long.

For example when I got knocked off my RSV4, drive admitted fault pretty much straight away, damage to bike wasn’t that much but was waiting nearly 4 months for the bike to be fixed because of parts!.