Your advice please

rightstuff

My first “big bike” was a hornet 600, I loved it. Super reliable, plenty fast enough and great fun.

Just give it a quick oil and filter change, drain the tank, fill up with fresh fuel, give the brakes a quick test and then go take it for a spin for 120 miles until you need to fill up again!

Oh and if you decide you don’t like it, you will easily get your money back, especially if you let me have first refusal :lol:

battery didn't come up flat as a witches tit bought a new battery filter and oil and plugs removed the tank which was fiddly problem was getting the hoses off drained tank while I had that off changed the plugs drained out oil fitted new filter and oil left tank off connected up a temp fuel supply took a few turns it started but as soon as throttle was touched or took the choke off just stopped warmed her up a bit got it to rev up once but will not tick over or run off of choke removed carbs another easy but fiddly job took the float bowls off removed jets slow jets blocked will finish cleaning them out tomorrow stick them back on and have another try watch this space

Good for you !

Its nice that you have listened to the advice of some of the guys on here and I think you will have an enjoyable and profitable year ahead.

So many people ask the questions then ignore what they get told lol. some of the things that got said to you were learnt the hard way !

Have fun :D

Cheers

Ian

Cleaned the cards out slow running jets blocked re assembled cars re fitted their must be a easier way of getting them back into the rubbers connected up everything left the tank off started and ran lovley noticed a water leak found the adaptor which comes out the head corroded thread in head good just the adaptor get a new one order today hopefully get it back together during the week mod 1 next Monday