You just can't get the staff these days...

MarkW

Well it's alright for a first attempt I suppose. Are you going to fit some clamps on the hoses so you can throttle the cooling?

Just thinking the tanks closer to the fridge might get colder quicker than those far away. You know, friction and all that jazz.

I hope your superiors know who solved the problem and said snowflake is now performing her proper role in making your coffee and listening to those of us who were alive when there was such a thing as music?

Cheers

Ian

Guest Richzx6r

I hope your superiors know who solved the problem and said snowflake is now performing her proper role in making your coffee and listening to those of us who were alive when there was such a thing as music?

Cheers

Ian

Ha! My wife and I own the company, and consequently do most of the work. To be honest this has made a nice change from pushing emails around and chasing debtors, which is how I spend most of my time: I actually got to see something tangible that I'd made, which was quite satisfying.

I don't want to sound down on young 'uns or tar them all with the same brush, but the total lack of gumption does astound me sometimes. In addition to the drip I mentioned above, we had another girl off today with a headache ( :roll: ), and last week a young lad came to see us because he was suffering from 'stress and anxiety'. And you can't just tell them to man-up and grow a pair either, which is a pity. He should try sitting in my chair for a month or two, with 27 people's salaries to pay...

Luckily I managed to find something supportive to say, because the whole time he was talking to me the only thing going round and round in my head was those two WWII airmen off the Armstrong & Miller Show:

"Are you gay? Are you a batty man? You sound well bent, isn't it..."

:lol:

So what is it your company does?

Cheers

Ian

Ha! My wife and I own the company, and consequently do most of the work. To be honest this has made a nice change from pushing emails around and chasing debtors, which is how I spend most of my time: I actually got to see something tangible that I'd made, which was quite satisfying.

I don't want to sound down on young 'uns or tar them all with the same brush, but the total lack of gumption does astound me sometimes. In addition to the drip I mentioned above, we had another girl off today with a headache ( :roll: ), and last week a young lad came to see us because he was suffering from 'stress and anxiety'. And you can't just tell them to man-up and grow a pair either, which is a pity. He should try sitting in my chair for a month or two, with 27 people's salaries to pay...

Luckily I managed to find something supportive to say, because the whole time he was talking to me the only thing going round and round in my head was those two WWII airmen off the Armstrong & Miller Show:

Hirers all the wrong people by the story so far...

Guest Richzx6r

Hirers all the wrong people by the story so far...

Very true, maybe he should employ a few of us :wink:

i had a job on today at our house the bathroom plug hole was gurgling so i lifted the manhole cover outside the bathroom to find that the manhole was 3/4 full of s**t so got the draining rods out and got going and the smell was well fragrent and i was doing ok till i got the plunger stuck so i was half an hour twisting an shoving the rods it finally came free and the manhole emptied so got the hosepipe down it for a while tomorrow i will see if i can borrow a clean dustbin so i can fill it with water a couple of times and pour it down the hole, its not a job i want to do every week :roll:

Guest Richzx6r

i had a job on today at our house the bathroom plug hole was gurgling so i lifted the manhole cover outside the bathroom to find that the manhole was 3/4 full of s**t so got the draining rods out and got going and the smell was well fragrent and i was doing ok till i got the plunger stuck so i was half an hour twisting an shoving the rods it finally came free and the manhole emptied so got the hosepipe down it for a while tomorrow i will see if i can borrow a clean dustbin so i can fill it with water a couple of times and pour it down the hole, its not a job i want to do every week :roll:

Nice......not

no if i had wanted to do that kind of work i would have joined united utilities :|

Agreed! But the point of the op was you rolled up your sleeves and did it, rather than crying on facef**k about why you couldn`t .

Ageist I know but some of these paperless graduates working in practical industries are worrying.

Cheers

Ian

Cheers

Ian

As a responsible employer, is it wise to bash your employees online, you could be sued for defamation of character, or "some such shit, isn't it".

Check if the drain is anywhere near a tree. If the roots have broken into the pipe this will become a regular feature of your life unless they are removed and a liner installed. With any luck the damaged area is outside your property so the water board will do the job.

We have a pump on our system, well two really. Cleaning them is a lovely job.

Guest Richzx6r

no if i had wanted to do that kind of work i would have joined united utilities :|

Agreed! But the point of the op was you rolled up your sleeves and did it, rather than crying on facef**k about why you couldn`t .

Ageist I know but some of these paperless graduates working in practical industries are worrying.

Cheers

Ian

Very true

As a responsible employer, is it wise to bash your employees online, you could be sued for defamation of character, or "some such shit, isn't it".

Whatever gave you the impression I was a responsible employer? :D

In any case, since they have not been personally identified on here they would only suffer defamation at the point they chose to identify themselves publicly by bringing a prosecution, thereby invalidating their case. It's a bit like the Streisand Effect. :lol:

And the fact that you haven't mentioned your business name so no one knows if your telling the truth for a start ;-)

Check if the drain is anywhere near a tree. If the roots have broken into the pipe this will become a regular feature of your life unless they are removed and a liner installed. With any luck the damaged area is outside your property so the water board will do the job.

We have a pump on our system, well two really. Cleaning them is a lovely job.

yea i managed to borrow a dustbin so tomorrow i will fill it up and pour it down the drain a few times, i dont think trees are the problem because when i had the draining rods down with the plunger on the end it went well until i went over the T section at the end and thats when i got it stuck anyway after a while i managed to free it (a bit of a dry mouth time) so see what happens tomorrow

Whatever gave you the impression I was a responsible employer? :D

In any case, since they have not been personally identified on here they would only suffer defamation at the point they chose to identify themselves publicly by bringing a prosecution, thereby invalidating their case. It's a bit like the Streisand Effect. :lol:

As a mid manager at a firm with 500 employees and 9 in my charge, I've had some experience with stuff posted online and its consequences so just highlighting the risks. Whatever you post online is on there forever and you don't know where it gets reposted, quoted or who reads it.

I am pretty sure if I bad mouthed any of my lot online and got caught I'd at least get reprimanded and at worst dismissed.

And likewise if my manager did the same I would call him to account.

Just don't want you to fall into a big old bear trap :D

As a mid manager at a firm with 500 employees and 9 in my charge, I've had some experience with stuff posted online and its consequences so just highlighting the risks. Whatever you post online is on there forever and you don't know where it gets reposted, quoted or who reads it.

I am pretty sure if I bad mouthed any of my lot online and got caught I'd at least get reprimanded and at worst dismissed.

And likewise if my manager did the same I would call him to account.

Just don't want you to fall into a big old bear trap :D

Well, as it's my company there's nobody to reprimand me, and the staff know better than to try it! :D But just in case one of the little snowflakes does read it and then melts all over my nice new office carpet I have taken your advice.

:thumb: