Guest toothe

<t>readthe message</t>  

34 members have voted

1. 1. readthe message

• yeah i do sometimes
    • when commuting but not on a fast drive
    • Dont be stupid
    • not yet but i might do.

I use a sat nav if I am riding in cities I don't know or down in south London, ( I can get lost for hours down there without one ), and listen to mp3's on it through ear buds which double as protection against wind noise on the fast run up to town and back again, I don't find it distracting and don't have it so loud that I can't hear what is going on around me. but I do have to watch what I listen to as some music does make me ride a lot faster.

Whereabouts in South London? :roll:

North London I know really well as I've lived there nearly all my life but anywhere south of the Thames and I get completely lost, I used to keep having to stop and get the a-z out but with the sat nav I just glide through the traffic, always getting in the right lane when I need it and if there is a road blocked off or closed it recalculates and gives me a new route.

I listen to music all the time while riding - not so loud that I can't hear the bike and other road sounds.

I have used inside the ear buds and just my ipod, but I've fitted an autocom to use with my tomtom and the ipod and love it with fixed speakers in my helmet. I plan to start wearing earplugs for long rides to get away from the wind noise at speed...

Never while commuting or out for a run with mates, but on a long trip I hook up my auto-com so I can chat with the missus and listen to some tunes.