Registration is quick and easy 

coronavirus....

Six30

47 minutes ago, Tiggie said:

It's called Nest. A percentage of your wage gets taken out every week/month and your employer also has to contribute towards the pot. You can choose how much you pay in as well.

When I joined that type of scheme on the railway in 1985 it was called Brass.

When my employer had to set up the pension they/we originally went with Nest.

We've now moved to 1 run by Scottish Widows

The mandatory 1's although better than nothing aren't worth much!

When I left The Army I should have been getting what's left of my pension at 55!

Now it's 60! :scratch:

10 minutes ago, rennie said:

When my employer had to set up the pension they/we originally went with Nest.

We've now moved to 1 run by Scottish Widows

The mandatory 1's although better than nothing aren't worth much!

When I left The Army I should have been getting what's left of my pension at 55!

Now it's 60! :scratch:

I dunno a mod taking us off topic again 😂

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Swagman said:

Yeah saw that clap trap early, our hypocritical neighbours will be out for that, then going across the road for drinks.

It did my head in last time round - everyone in the street standing on their doorstep banging f*cking saucepans together like the percussion section in one of those special needs orchestras. One family a few doors down from us fondly imagine that they are musical, and the mother would get the keyboard out whilst her husband strummed his guitar and the son tested the elasticity coefficient of the heads on his drum kit as they murdered 'Let it Be' for the umpteenth time... 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, MarkW said:

It did my head in last time round - everyone in the street standing on their doorstep banging f*cking saucepans together like the percussion section in one of those special needs orchestras. One family a few doors down from us fondly imagine that they are musical, and the mother would get the keyboard out whilst her husband strummed his guitar and the son tested the elasticity coefficient of the heads on his drum kit as they murdered 'Let it Be' for the umpteenth time... 

Yeah we had a bloke trying to play the last post every Thursday on his battered bugle he was shite at it to.🤣

Our company pension is fairly simple .... pick yourself a pension provider and for every pound you contribute we will match it up to a maximum of £90 each per month ... thats in addition to the NEST scheme ... Strangley the take up has not been good...

Horrendous figures yesterday ...

At 60,000 new infections / day how long before the vaccine will not be useful for the under 60's .... ? They'll all have had it ...:classic_sad:

fullsizeoutput_3a8.jpeg

Edited by Trooper74
  • Like 1

The figures are stark aren’t they. It’s seeming more real and close in life too, during the last two waves I did not have many of my staff isolating or unwell. That is not the case now and some of my colleagues are very unwell. 
I know that some of the isolations are more about known contacts whereby in the first wave we only had symptoms to go on but. 

6 minutes ago, dynax said:

Send 'em round :thumb:

You can joke but I was once asked if I was interested in ‘Nurses knickers’ Basically wierdos buy knickers that you’ve worn. You got £100 a pair which was a hell of a lot more 20+ years ago. They wanted a photo of you in your uniform and then just supply them with knickers! I decided it probably fell into the category of “conduct unbecoming” and never heard about it again. I always wondered if any of my colleagues had said yes!

• Haha 2

Just now, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

You can joke but I was once asked if I was interested in ‘Nurses knickers’ Basically wierdos buy knickers that you’ve worn. You got £100 a pair which was a hell of a lot more 20+ years ago. They wanted a photo of you in your uniform and then just supply them with knickers! I decided it probably fell into the category of “conduct unbecoming” and never heard about it again. I always wondered if any of my colleagues had said yes!

Heard tales of similar from my OH as she was a nurse too, doesn't stop at nurses though any uniform will do.

Just now, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

I wonder if the uniform thing is a world wide phenomenon or just another British idiosyncrasy?! 

Probably started over here and spread around, I wouldn't be surprised if was the likes of the St Trinians films that made it popular.

6 minutes ago, dynax said:

Probably started over here and spread around, I wouldn't be surprised if was the likes of the St Trinians films that made it popular.

Ah school uniform. I always think of that as something separate but then most of the degenerates I know are on here so what do I know?!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, James in Brum said:

I thought UK based employers now had to offer a work place pension scheme with contribution? Might have it wrong. I must confess I don’t think about the military when I think public sector. I get that they are of course. In my view a lot of lower ranks are hideously under paid and it is only the other benefits that could make the package work.

That assumes my company is UK based. Ships are registered in Bermuda,  technically managed in the UK but my contract of employment is from Singapore. Shipping and ship owners have been looking for ways to cut costs since Noah. There's a reason Samuel Plimsoll was hated by the ship owners of his day. Even now during covid there are charters (contracts) being written that forbid any deviation to the voyage for the purpose of relieving crew. This at a time where the opportunities to get crew changed are few and far between. 

As for the military they are most definitely public employees and except when it all goes to shit regularly forgotten. I've no idea what other ranks get paid these days but suspect it's not great. Mid ranking officers do get a decent whack with some good side benefits. However depending on their service branch many can do very well for themselves in the private sector. So to avoid losing experienced personnel even HMG has to pay a reasonable salary.

Theres very few shipping jobs left which are UK based from the point of view of the doped actually sailing on the ships. Our contracts are always somewhere else and aren't worth the paper they are written on. Mine has changed three times in the last year and none of them have been positive changes for me. Slight pay cut, big cuts in conditions of terms of service etc.

2 hours ago, Slowlycatchymonkey said:

if you got any , i'll have em , we can split the profits when i sell em .

10 hours ago, MarkW said:

your neighbours with @rennie then mark.

• Haha 2