coronavirus....

Had both mine and now looking forward to a booster, which I'm expecting will be offered in September or thereafter.

IMG_0324.JPG

5 hours ago, Bender said:

I know a young ish fit no underlying health problems woman who now looks like a ghost and can hardly walk 20ft after covid, her lungs are fooked. 

Get it done. 

Yep a friend of mine who was a nurse in the prison service has heart failure after covid for the sake of 2 jabs get booked up

• Like 1

Just had my second jab - can I do what the fcuk I want now? 
If so I’ll be doing 150MPH along the M45 tomorrow - if I get stopped I’ll just show my vaccination card & be on my way 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Mickly said:

If so I’ll be doing 150MPH along the M45 tomorrow - if I get stopped I’ll just show my vaccination card & be on my way 🤣

Silly boy. Didn't you read the bit where it tells you it takes three weeks to take effect?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, Mickly said:

Nope!! 

You wont get stopped now! they will just send a ticket through the post after tracking you doing 150mph with that GPS chip you now have in you 

:lol: 

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Stu said:

Nope!! 

You wont get stopped now! they will just send a ticket through the post after tracking you doing 150mph with that GPS chip you now have in you 

:lol: 

Yeah, but I was a passenger - kidnapped by a psycho biker … honest 🤥

• Haha 1

All joking aside its still causing chaos out in the world. Still have one of my guys who has been desperately trying to get home stuck on board - Wilhelmshaven failed due no flights, Teesport ditto. Now in Augusta in Italy and flights were doable but bureaucracy made life difficult and final killer was 14 day quarantine required for joining crew. We're only in port about 24 hours and 14 days ago didn't even know we were coming to Italy. Really feel for this guy in particular as his mother has been in hospital on oxygen for almost a month now and its costing the family  $600 a day. Had to sell their house to pay the bill. Makes you glad for the NHS  warts and all.

• Sad 3
14 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Silly boy. Didn't you read the bit where it tells you it takes three weeks to take effect?

@Mickly You better listening to cap Mannering... 😋

What make me angry is that all of us who got two vaccines, we don’t have any advantage over the people who refuse to receive vaccine. I travel for business, my job requires, and I am in the same group as all non vaccinated people. There should be some differences to reward all vaccinated people and motivate those who refuse.  

• Like 1

Well.. Not all is bad in Princess Nicola's kingdom then.

Here we have access to a printed certificate of vaccination or we can show the NHS records if anybody wants to check. :thumb: 

On 08/06/2021 at 09:34, husoi said:

Well.. Not all is bad in Princess Nicola's kingdom then.

Here we have access to a printed certificate of vaccination or we can show the NHS records if anybody wants to check. :thumb: 

We all do 🙂

Had covid. Had both jabs.

I don’t wear a mask anymore.

Never challenged in shops, garages or supermarkets.

Really noticing just how many others are'nt wearing them either.

Which is good.

Funny how many superstore staff remove their masks when talking to me.

Feel as if a massive weight has been lifted off my life.

Just cause others ain't wearing them don't make your selfish decision right does it. 

Covid and the jabs don't stop you getting it  and don't stop you passing it on if you do, it stops you ending up in hospital. 

I've had covid and jabs but will carry on with rules in place until they are not. 

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Trooper74 said:

Had covid. Had both jabs.

I don’t wear a mask anymore.

Never challenged in shops, garages or supermarkets.

Really noticing just how many others are'nt wearing them either.

Which is good.

Funny how many superstore staff remove their masks when talking to me.

Feel as if a massive weight has been lifted off my life.

Sorry got to agree with @Bender here, yes I am more relaxed however inside in close proximity with strangers wear a mask.  Is it really that horrific? Or make that big a difference?

Fair enough in private with friends/ family.

One problem is typically viruses mutate and become vaccine resistant, why do you think they are so nervous about the latest strain.

The less people that catch the virus the less chance it has to mutate. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I had my second jab today. I shall continue to wear a mask where required. Not because I enjoy doing so, I find them restrictive, uncomfortable and wearing glasses I can't see most of the time. 

But it's not all about me. It's about everyone.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just because of masks, social distance and personal hygiene this winter we didn’t here about flu. Therefore all of that combined helps. It is hard to change habits build up over the lifetime, however we have to adapt to new lifestyle.

Thanks to adaptability live organisms surviving climate change, and all other challenges. It is up to us to adapt or to vanish. Not just because of covid, but everything else.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Bender said:

Just cause others ain't wearing them don't make your selfish decision right does it. 

Covid and the jabs don't stop you getting it  and don't stop you passing it on if you do, it stops you ending up in hospital. 

I've had covid and jabs but will carry on with rules in place until they are not. 

When, as expected in many areas of the press, the political decision to de-criminalise masks comes will you continue to wear one ?

And a heart attack mask ?

A stroke mask ?

A rta mask ?

As a motorcyclist will you decide the risk of riding is too high.

Statistically your more at risk driving to the vaccine centre than from covid. ?

What If the whole of the UK population tests positive with covid and no one dies ?

And i have made my selfish decision with the agreement of my wife .. who continues to wear hers.

Basically all measures are to protect others and yourself. As long pandemic is ongoing I will wear the mask.

once is done, hope soon, there will be no need to wear it. At least I hope that hygiene will remain. As well as social distance, I don’t have nothing against handshake, but I never liked hugging, kissing except with close family.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Trooper74 said:

When, as expected in many areas of the press, the political decision to de-criminalise masks comes will you continue to wear one ?

And a heart attack mask ?

A stroke mask ?

A rta mask ?

As a motorcyclist will you decide the risk of riding is too high.

Statistically your more at risk driving to the vaccine centre than from covid. ?

What If the whole of the UK population tests positive with covid and no one dies ?

And i have made my selfish decision with the agreement of my wife .. who continues to wear hers.

Heart attack/ Stroke - I do make basic efforts to minimise risk I don’t eat fast food regularly. I keep an eye on my diet, reduce fat intake where possible. 
Not saying I don’t eat bacon butties just not every day. I might not be in a gym but I walk regularly and try keeping active.  If I was advised to take medication for blood pressure or blood thinners to reduce clotting I would.

RTA / Motorcyclist - As a road user there is a risk. I endeavour to keep safe learning and be a courteous considerate user. For the sake of others as well as my own safety.

When the requirements to wear a mask are reduced I will wear one where I feel it is appropriate. Crowded places indoors comes to mind then even before COVID I avoided then.

Having brought home COVID, at work over 1/3 of us have had it (hazard of the job).  I then gave it to my partner I had to watch as her symptoms became considerably worse than mine (both 40’s), to the point she was marginal for hospital. 

I would not wish that on anyone.  

Do you know long COVID? I know people who are still not back at work fully 8 months later.

Both myself and my partner are off work today. We have walked dogs and normally we would be out sailing or on the bike. Both of us have just cannot be bothered (6 months later),  is that mild long COVID?

I know my first few weeks back at work after COVID where exhausting.  

It’s not just about dying, Catching or spreading COVID is not something I would recommend.

• Like 1

This hyperbolic language about masks is hyperbollocks. Decriminalising the not wearing of masks? It’s a minor inconvenience to try to protect society in the middle of a pandemic. Even if it is the case they are redundant having redundancy in safety precautions is just common sense and the not wearing of masks is selfish and unhelpful. 
plenty of not protected people will feel empowered to not wear a mask because they see others without. This is not over yet no matter how much you hope it is

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

I had my second jab today. I shall continue to wear a mask where required. Not because I enjoy doing so, I find them restrictive, uncomfortable and wearing glasses I can't see most of the time. 

But it's not all about me. It's about everyone.

This is me too!  I do it for others not myself!

After my first jab, AZ, within 4 hours I was a shivered wreck and had the most painful 4 day headache I've ever known. 

I had my second one this morning at 8.15am  and so far I've been fine. But I'm beginning to ache all over and the thought of eating anything is a complete no. I'm hoping the delay means this time round it's not going to be like last time. Riding home was exhausting, I nearly dropped the bike pulling into the drive.