Registration is quick and easy 

coronavirus....

Six30

8 minutes ago, billy sugger said:

I'm 61, and have both AZ jabs, but I still have myself tested if I get a persistent cough just to be sure. I do not want the guilt of knowing  I have infected someone when I could have prevented it

Well done respect and understanding for others a basic human thing that goes a long way I bit like being kind 👍

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, MikeHorton said:

Well done respect and understanding for others a basic human thing that goes a long way I bit like being kind 👍

Just been to the Covid testing centre near us, my youngest (12) started with a cough last night, we did a lateral flow last night - and again this morning and yes +. Off we went for a PCR. He was all for it, I had a test too - why not. Just waiting for our results. 

If a kid gets it , just exterminate it , one less screaming rodent that its parents have no idea how to parent ... sorted.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Six30 said:

If a kid gets it , just exterminate it , one less screaming rodent that its parents have no idea how to parent ... sorted.

Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, Pie man said:

Just been to the Covid testing centre near us, my youngest (12) started with a cough last night, we did a lateral flow last night - and again this morning and yes +. Off we went for a PCR. He was all for it, I had a test too - why not. Just waiting for our results. 

They are getting quicker at getting the results back now mine was less than 24 hours fingers crossed for you!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, S-Westerly said:

In the US I got a rapid PCR test result in less than 1 hour. In Israel it took 3 hours at Tel Aviv airport so faster results are entirely possible.

I'm in darkest Lancashire. We've still got gas lamps round our way. Results posted back via a whippet 😂 

• Haha 6

Post my PCR yesterday afternoon. Got the result (negative) 9 o'clock this morning. A lot faster than it was taking last year.

• Like 2

And the results are in. My youngest son's PCR test came back positive. Mine came back negative. That could all change as time progresses. For a young lad that plays in the football league for our Town and trains each week, who is young and fit, I am shocked how ill he has been over the last day or so. The coughing is relentless, to the point its quite worrying. 😷 

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Pie man said:

And the results are in. My youngest son's PCR test came back positive. Mine came back negative. That could all change as time progresses. For a young lad that plays in the football league for our Town and trains each week, who is young and fit, I am shocked how ill he has been over the last day or so. The coughing is relentless, to the point its quite worrying. 😷 

Hope he gets well without complications. Both my grandsons (10 & 9) tested positive but have had no symptoms and are due back at school on Monday. Weird bloody virus in how some folks don't even notice it and others are laid really low.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pie man said:

Hope he starts to feel better today. Its like a whooping cough type thing not nice. Loads of fluids and rest but try and keep him moving about 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pie man said:

For a young lad that plays in the football league for our Town and trains each week, who is young and fit, I am shocked how ill he has been over the last day or so. The coughing is relentless, to the point its quite worrying

And there is people out there that dumb it down saying we should just crack on and its only a cold! 

I hope he is OK and recovers well and fingers crossed you stay negative too 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Stu said:

And there is people out there that dumb it down saying we should just crack on and its only a cold! 

I hope he is OK and recovers well and fingers crossed you stay negative too 

Thank you - Like @MikeHorton  has said, it is like he has whooping cough and the flue. oddly enough it hasn't effected his taste, but its early days. I must admit. although the wife and I are double jabbed and do not require to isolate, we've decided to keep away from crowded places like the supermarkets/work/pictures etc. although he is keeping to his room, I feel like not if, but when will we develop symptoms 😬  

Edited by Pie man
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Pie man said:

Thank you - Like @MikeHorton  has said, it is like he has whooping cough and the flue. oddly enough it hasn't effected his taste, but its early days. I must admit. although the wife and I are double jabbed and do not require to isolate, we've decided to keep away from crowded places like the supermarkets/work/pictures etc. I must admit, although he is keeping to his room, I feel like not if, but when will we develop symptoms 😬  

My mates daughter got it and took it in to his house! he has a disabled wife with a very low immune system and all double jabbed so he was doing everything he could to protect her! 

He got it off his daughter but his wife with the low immune system never got it and neither did his son :? 

• Like 2

Its crappy weather out there so just stay in and stay warm of any of you are feeling cack. 1st day back to work after this bug for me so stew in the slow cooker and the single malt is coming out now I'm home! Didn't feel like taking the bike today so a mundane 4 wheeled journey 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pie man said:

Thank you - Like @MikeHorton  has said, it is like he has whooping cough and the flue. oddly enough it hasn't effected his taste, but its early days. I must admit. although the wife and I are double jabbed and do not require to isolate, we've decided to keep away from crowded places like the supermarkets/work/pictures etc. although he is keeping to his room, I feel like not if, but when will we develop symptoms 😬  

hope your boy gets better soon mate.

• Thanks 1

Neither myself or my Wife ever tested positive (though its still possible apparently in next week or so :roll:)

My brothers partner caught it earlier on this year but my brother never did. Though he said he was pretty militant about preventative measures, used seperate bedrooms & bathrooms, wore masks when around each other etc.

3 hours ago, Pie man said:

oddly enough it hasn't effected his taste

That came after 4 or 5 days with my daughter. She kept asking if she could try my tabasco sauce to get her taste back :lol:

7 hours ago, Tiggie said:

That came after 4 or 5 days with my daughter. She kept asking if she could try my tabasco sauce to get her taste back :lol:

I once fed a 6 year old a Green Chilli hole convincing her it was a unripened baby carrot😈

It was like a cartoon you could see her face turning red🥵, she drank lots of water. It was quite funny till her parents told me she had  tonsillitis.

A week later she was thanking me😲, her friend who got it at the same time has not shifted it 🤣

• Haha 2

Well, bloody typical. Youngest is on day 10 of his positive isolation and can go back to school tomorrow however, the wife's LFT this morning was positive, just waiting for the PCR result. She started with a headache and a tickly cough.

I think I'm gonna sleep in the garage 😷

• Sad 6

Finally got round to having my second jab yesterday morning.

Spent all night with a fever then all morning freezing!! My arms and legs feel like I've done a two hour workout with 80's era Schwarzenegger!! :crybaby:

• Sad 5

1 hour ago, Tiggie said:

Finally got round to having my second jab yesterday morning.

Spent all night with a fever then all morning freezing!! My arms and legs feel like I've done a two hour workout with 80's era Schwarzenegger!! :crybaby:

Short lived hopefully 👍 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bender said:

Short lived hopefully 👍 

Probably an excuse not to post...............

• Haha 1