Corona virus projects

Bender

F650-Screen Support (7).jpg

My first thought when I saw a couple of these photos was the old joke about spikes on steering wheels...

Edited by onesea

F650-Screen Support (7).jpg

My first thought when I saw a couple of these photos was the old joke about some on steering wheels...

Really :?:

Nah... I would never.... :mrgreen:

@old-timer This reminds me!

I really must get my F650 finished! :lol:

So... what's keeping you ? :roll:

If ever there was a right time... :lol:

:mrgreen:

Money :lol:

I have plenty of time :lol:

Well I've been stuck indoors... so I've mainly been attempting to get fat again :lol:

So you are responsible for the flour shortages hey? Tsk tsk. For weight gain those goodies will certainly do the business. Don't ask me how I know as the scales march relentlessly upwards.

Well I've been stuck indoors... so I've mainly been attempting to get fat again :lol:

I trust there are some in the post on their way to me. :D

[mention]S-Westerly[/mention] I think they're all flour free!!

[mention]JRH[/mention] ....erm.... yes.... but I sent Charlie to post them so if they don't turn up he must have eaten them :lol:

[mention]goat[/mention] it's like food crack!! sooooo good

Thanks [mention]Bender[/mention] its come up way better than i expected. Might have to sand the table top right back though at some stage its badly marked. Im just oiling it for now though. Bored as hell !!!

Guest Richzx6r

@S-Westerly I think they're all flour free!!

@JRH ....erm.... yes.... but I sent Charlie to post them so if they don't turn up he must have eaten them :lol:

@goat it's like food crack!! sooooo good

Food crack 🤣 love it

@JRH ....erm.... yes.... but I sent Charlie to post them so if they don't turn up he must have eaten them :lol:

Just say you used Hermes so easy to get out of posting anything then :D

Guest Swagman

Thanks @Swagman !! How are you feeling?

I think I’m starting to get on top of it, actually got my first nights sleep in 4 weeks last night. :D

Thank you.

Fair play to you for proceeding with caution and getting it right.

If we need to go to the next stage I believe places like Halfrauds sell an edge trim for screens that is basically a bendable slotted soft metallic trim and I would be tempted to investigate whether that could be fitted then flatted with pliers (it`s bendable so I hope that will be easy) then fix exactly as you have done so far.

The thinking is that the trim will help prevent any cracking spreading.

Stop the front page !! Don't screw it using a self tapper drill it and use a bolt, 2 washers and a nut to allow you to keep an eye on tenson.

Cheers

Ian

So it didn't stop there...

Well... being anxious and in fear that the connection would be too rigid and could cause a crack or tear in the screen :? , I decided to modify the attachment a bit still, yesterday.

So I carefully enlarged the hole in the screen with a fine grinding cone.

I then sanded a rubber washer (like for water taps), using a drill and sandpaper, down to size and put it in the hole in the screen.

The washer I picked was just a bit thicker than the screen so it stuck out a bit on both sides.

I attached my support rod by putting a bolt through the washer in the screen and using 2 additional rubber washers as 'buffers', so the metal bolt or nut made no contact at all with the screen.

I knocked on wood and with fingers crossed, set out for a 260 kms round-trip to fetch a bike-seat from a mate up north .

(We still are allowed to ride bikes for recreation in NL).

It was a bit awkward to, after a trip of about 130 kms, just say 'hi', pick up the seat, strap it to the bike, say 'solong' and take off again...

But that's Corona days I guess... :scratch:

There was a very strong wind blowing from the east, so the trip was a real test for my 'construction'.

I must say that it fully passed the test; the screen did not shake, rattle or roll at all in the nasty wind.

Nor did I notice any tension in the screen, so I think that I'll leave it like this for now.

The seat I had strapped to the top case worried me more in the treacherous wind than my screen !

It was your remark about the metal trim slid that made me think about a modification.

And preferably before the trip, but I did not have anything I could use for your solution (and besides, I already made a hole in the screen).

So I decided to use stuff I did have at home.

After all, it is nice to 'find solutions' within the limited options one has, and to use your imagination :idea: .

So, the project wasn't really finished when I thought it was, but I'd say that the end product has benefited from the doubts I got...

So thanks for your input Mr. Frog.

I do appreciate it... 8-)

1938903465_Modf(1).jpg.a8538cfe8eb36b1a06a0b6e51f3569a3.jpg

2140380139_Modf(2).jpg.208ae6ff1344c87f55a566cfe78b7038.jpg

1616604118_Modf(3).jpg.911a7e943324cf4105a1e1de3bad1d24.jpg

1932595168_Modf(4).jpg.d0da4bc28fc5eac9ab93988a6754e4d9.jpg

1923710848_Modf(5).jpg.f75b40d14317037636d3303a8dc0ca29.jpg

F650-seat.jpg.74e9eab0736237afaf914240fc668c9c.jpg

Excellent adaptation and a sort of compromise between the 2 ideas !

Well done.

I think you were selling yourself a bit short on your fabrication skills lol.

Very happy if I helped.

Cheers

Ian