Is solo ride legal excercise?

Valko

Probably not no, I'm sure we're all tempted to take our bikes out at the moment but please leave it tucked away until non essential travel is allowed.If you need to use it to get to work, or shopping etc then it's fine to use still.

How is it me riding my bike solo as one a day exercise any different than my neighbour cycling? If anything people cycling are more exposed.

INB4 fuel - well I use app anyway and pay at the pump.

Note I do stay at home now and don't ride the bike.

But my question is about the written rules - are there any rules written by the UK government about motorcycling now specifically?

Again...... 🤦🏼‍♂️

If you say you're not planning to ride in Brecon you're gonna get me kicked off this forum

The amount of fat fookers round my area seems to have increased, i have never seen so many out and about :lol:

I think that's corroborative evidence that cannot be disputed........because nobody is going to be proceeding up a road as slowly as dynax!

Yup, and i'm not even fat :lol: :thumb:

right would i be able to take my steed for its mot or not plus the tax is up at the end of the month too :|

No.

"Your car, van or motorcycle’s MOT expiry date will be extended by 6 months if it’s due on or after 30 March 2020 - but you must keep your vehicle safe to drive."

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-mots-for-cars-vans-and-motorcycles-due-from-30-march-2020

just sorned it today i will put it back on the road when this lot is all over, the insurance is due at the end of may and it was £186 last year (two bikes) so i might give bikesure a ring and see what they can do for me

right would i be able to take my steed for its mot or not plus the tax is up at the end of the month too :|

No.

"Your car, van or motorcycle’s MOT expiry date will be extended by 6 months if it’s due on or after 30 March 2020 - but you must keep your vehicle safe to drive."

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-mots-for-cars-vans-and-motorcycles-due-from-30-march-2020

what a load of bollox, mot stations are open , I tested a car today.

says on the link , if car is not safe to drive you must take to a garage and get it repaired ... then why not just take it to get it mot'd in the first place .

says on the link , if car is not safe to drive you must take to a garage and get it repaired ... then why not just take it to get it mot'd in the first place .

Is this a serious comment?

If you're a key worker or need the car or the bike for essential journeys then they're open for you if you need them. If neither is the case then they're not open for you and you should stay home.

They dumb down the instructions so literally anyone can understand them, and yet...

Is this a serious comment?

If you're a key worker or need the car or the bike for essential journeys then they're open for you if you need them. If neither is the case then they're not open for you and you should stay home.

They dumb down the instructions so literally anyone can understand them, and yet...

you can use your car or bike to travel to work if you cant work from home, you don't have to be a key worker.... if your going to be a know it all , know a bit more... obviously instructions not dumbed down enough for some :roll:

you can use your car or bike to travel to work if you cant work from home, you don't have to be a key worker.... if your going to be a know it all , know a bit more... obviously instructions not dumbed down enough for some :roll:

You started this with "what a load of bollox" and then proceeded with a load of generalised shit. The advice is clear, mots have been extended so you don't need to go so follow the advice.

the Government is allowing MOT centres & garages to remain open, so you can still get an MOT if you need your vehicle for the following reasons:

Shopping for basic necessities - such as food or medicine - as infrequently as possible.

Medical need or helping to care for a vulnerable person.

Travel to work- only if needed.

So what about a car salesmen who has a car on his forecourt with no MOT then sells it to a key worker who needs to get to work :scratch:

I think some of you have been stuck inside for too long :D

"Your car, van or motorcycle’s MOT expiry date will be extended by 6 months if it’s due on or after 30 March 2020"

This will happen automatically, you don't need to go and get an mot.

The original question was "right would i be able to take my steed for its mot or not plus the tax is up at the end of the month too" posted on the 6th of April. The answer therefore is no, you don't need to.

So what about a car salesmen who has a car on his forecourt with no MOT then sells it to a key worker who needs to get to work :scratch:

Car dealerships are closed and why would one sell a car without an mot?

"Your car, van or motorcycle’s MOT expiry date will be extended by 6 months if it’s due on or after 30 March 2020"

The original question was "right would i be able to take my steed for its mot or not plus the tax is up at the end of the month too" posted on the 6th of April. The answer therefore is no, you don't need to.

I think you will find that the answer is yes you can but you don't need to as from the 30th onwards its extended for 6 month's

But the posters mot could have ran out before the 30th like mine did so it doesn't get the extension

Some people who use their bike daily might not be savvy enough to know if its safe to ride or not and might want that reassurance

Not all are closed and that's the point why would they sell it with no mot! So it would need to be taken for one

I think you will find that the answer is yes you can but you don't need to as from the 30th onwards its extended for 6 month's

But the posters mot could have ran out before the 30th like mine did so it doesn't get the extension

Some people who use their bike daily might not be savvy enough to know if its safe to ride or not and might want that reassurance

No, the answers 'no' because clearly this has been done to discourage people from doing this to reduce the transmission to save lives.

Yes, it's different if it expired before the 30th, that's why I provided the link.

You're right, if people don't know the bike they're riding isn't safe then they should take it in regardless if they need it.

I was trying to provide helpful information that the guy ay not have been aware of. These responses seem petty at best.

[mention]dern[/mention] you're missing the point

It's not a clear cut no! People's circumstances need to be taken in to consideration

If the posters mot ran out before the 30th and he uses his bike for work he has to get an mot

A straight no could mean he might think he can't get to work.

If the mot is due after the 30th and you have the confidence that it's fine then wait the 6 months

The bit I posted was taken from Gov advice, you can take it for an mot for shopping if its needed.

As Stu has said its open to individual circumstances, they have made it optional to reduce unnecessary travel and interactions, also they can't force individual mot centers to stay open so know they could end up with a backlog and people struggling.

The answers is you should try to avoid it if you can and no you shouldn't just use it as an excuse for a run out on the bike.

I think folk are getting a bit stir crazy 🤪 😂

know it all strikes again...

a dealer can still sell a car online, and deliver it safely, so if it needs an mot they can go mot it...

exactly, people who have no clue about the safety of their car cant mot it [ they can] and it says on government website you must make sure your car is safe or risk a fine etc ….

they can take it to a garage that is open to check that it is safe … so just take it for an mot in the first place :D