What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

1 minute ago, Ian Frog said:

Which school did you use?

Glad you enjoyed it ! Any pics?

Cheers

Ian

I used Stunt Asylum at North Weald Airfield. 

Hopefully one of the other lads sends over some videos as, stupidly, my and my pal rode together in the same group. The only downside was the day not being long enough. Really, really good fun though.

9 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Rode it, does anyone on this forum actually ride a bike ??

IMG_9445.thumb.JPEG.01ca64e54d5a24091a82cf6614d280aa.JPEG

Yes, the Honda daily for work and Triumph for playing out with my mates. N Wales last week, Derbyshire the week before. Just planning next week's mystery tour.

10 hours ago, boboneleg said:

Yes often enough that I don't take photos or post a report every time I go out...

• Like 7

Yesterday I had Xena running for about 5 mins without any leaks then she started dripping again.

This time instead of trying to repair the the rubber seal, I used a piece of inner tube to go over the entire spring.

After stripping down the new seal that I damaged I used some O rings to bond to the inside of the inner tube to create a water tight seal, my only problem was that the ceramic washer had a slight crack in it and although I sealed it plenty it wasn't good enough.

Any way after some pondering I stripped it all down into it's component parts, the seals are not made as one complete unit, there are two top hat rubber washers joined by a piece of tubing and the ceramic washer fits into one of the top had washers, so doing some googling I can get the individual pieces locally for literally pennies, knowing how these are put together has shown how simple they are to construct.

I haven't taken any photos but once I get sorted I will do an update on the new and improved seals to my specifications :thumb:

8 hours ago, onesea said:

Yes often enough that I don't take photos or post a report every time I go out...

Yes when I'm not a few thousand miles away like I am now. In all weathers too including snow.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, boboneleg said:

I'm not sure how to get on to it any more, I'm sure there was an instructional video on how to do that or open a door or something similar but I've lost it now so probably never be able to get into the garage or get on the bike ever again. 

• Haha 4

I seem to have had an incident in my top box. I went to our daughter's house to have lunch with her and her husband and our granddaughter, our other daughter joined us. She'd made homemade brownie which was very sticky in the middle and crispy on the outside. Yummy. I left with a bag of beers and a box of brownie.

I forgot these were in the back and enjoyed a spirited ride home. When I got home something had happened in the top box and there is now a brown and sticky mess in there.  😟

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, boboneleg said:

yes we do ... and we dont pull up on deserted roads , under the pretense of getting a good picture , when really your meeting another man and doing a bit of shirt lifting .

• Haha 3

A ride from the black country, into Shropshire into Wales and the elan valley finishing up at the seaside for fish and chips! A first decent ride out with the other half on the new AT which has been surprisingly easy to get used to.

IMG_20210620_153946.jpg

IMG_20210620_155357.jpg

• Like 5

Around 250 miles. Went to watch my buddy compete in her first half iron man at Keswick then circumnavigated the lakes and back home. Great coffee and stop at kirkby parkwood on the A595. Awesome day 🥰

Screenshot_20210620-210245_Maps.jpg

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, gymwitch said:

Around 250 miles. Went to watch my buddy compete in her first half iron man at Keswick then circumnavigated the lakes and back home. Great coffee and stop at kirkby parkwood on the A595. Awesome day 🥰

I can't Understand this forum . I want to reply to this topic without quoting someone else . 

1 minute ago, fastbob said:

Greetings from Morar . I rode here on a motorcycle . 

IMG_20210620_195114065.jpg

If you scroll to the top of this page theres a blue band that says 'reply to this topic' click that and you get a blank reply screen to type in without having to quote 😉 hope this helps. 

5 minutes ago, fastbob said:

I can't Understand this forum . I want to reply to this topic without quoting someone else . 

Well why are you quoting them? 

You must be clicking the quote button :? 

4 minutes ago, gymwitch said:

If you scroll to the top of this page theres a blue band that says 'reply to this topic' click that and you get a blank reply screen to type in without having to quote 😉 hope this helps. 

Or scroll to the bottom and click in the reply box 

Image 3.jpg

• Like 2

On 19/06/2021 at 22:15, boboneleg said:

When I feel like it , yes . I must have got here somehow . 

IMG_20210620_143559919.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, gymwitch said:

Looks a great route I'm hoping to do a lakes ride out at some point this year. I'll keep myself content with a shorter run out to the Derbyshire peaks in the coming weeks !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

@fastbob you spelt Mordor wrong.

It definitely looks like Morar to me . The birth place of Carol Kirkwood incidentally . 

Polish_20210621_083349950.jpg

• Like 1