What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

1 minute ago, Six30 said:

i'll be choosing a destination , cant book any thing yet , mrs uncle popped his cloggs , waiting for date for funeral .

how inconsiderate ,

Oh No GIF by The Maury Show

Damn - that's not good - what's wrong with people. 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Stu said:

You're supposed to ride it!! 

Typical of @Six30  he’s the reason there should be a separate beginners forum.

I recon he’s off to get stabilisers fitted, maybe he should have a BMW they seem to be the ones developing them fitting them as standard.

BMW_Bike_Resized_red.jpg?v=1543337802

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, Bender said:

A lot of roads around Bath were reduced to 50 it was very noticeable. 

Yeah, most of the ones posted as NSL are tiny little lanes. Be lucky to go 20!

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, KiwiBob said:

As I passed my mod 2 this morning I taxed and insured the ER5 that's been stuck in the garage for a year and took it for spin! ... I like it! :)

That’s mega @KiwiBob, hope you have many further years of 2 wheeled fun !!

Fitted a Tail tidy, which was more grief than i thought it would be. In the press release for the bike that pretty much knocked one out over how easy it supposedly is to take the plate holder off for  track days.

In the end i had to more or less completely dismantle the rear of the bike. Twats. 

Next up, full system. 

Edited by Joe85
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Joe85 said:

Fitted a Tail tidy, which was more grief than i thought it would be. In the press release for the bike that pretty much knocked one out over how easy it supposedly is to take the plate holder off for  track days.

In the end i had to more or less completely dismantle the rear of the bike. Twats. 

Next up, full system. 

like your style

7 hours ago, KiwiBob said:

As I passed my mod 2 this morning I taxed and insured the ER5 that's been stuck in the garage for a year and took it for spin! ... I like it! :)

Congratulations!  

I was nearly there with fixing Xena, still waiting on parts to arrive but did another temporary fix and managed to go out for a run, did a few errands and gave her a good blast just for the heck of it and after an hour or so came back home, and just after I parked up she started dripping again, so another strip down and the last of my ceramic washers had cracked, so a cycle ride to get some more ceramic washers today and have another go :thumb:

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, dynax said:

I was nearly there with fixing Xena, still waiting on parts to arrive but did another temporary fix and managed to go out for a run, did a few errands and gave her a good blast just for the heck of it and after an hour or so came back home, and just after I parked up she started dripping again, so another strip down and the last of my ceramic washers had cracked, so a cycle ride to get some more ceramic washers today and have another go :thumb:

Why ceramic can you use copper washer? 

took the 7.5w fork oil out that came with the hagon springs, put 10w motul in. Also changed the lower bushes. tried to change top but they would not drive in so possibly wrong size.

Top were actually ok. heres hoping it improves a little.

• Like 1

Had a full day out on the Z500. 159 miles. Got caught in a thunderstorm from Malton to Helmsley. g no waterproofs as it is summer you know. got absolutely soaked through. Road flooded and really dirty water. Know what i will be doing in the nest few days.

Before.thumb.JPG.39060f8f6d73962b92492e454373ca10.JPG

• Like 4

On 23/06/2021 at 13:45, Six30 said:

i'l ride it when i get there 

Hence why i had my bike  at Lands End ....

Week away in Cornwall , bikes in Van .AirBnb .

Use van or Bikes ... what's not to like .

Saw some huge Hedgehogs in Truro ...

DSC_2910.jpg

DSC_2916.jpg

trurohog.png

• Like 5

10 hours ago, jedibiker said:

took the 7.5w fork oil out that came with the hagon springs, put 10w motul in. Also changed the lower bushes. tried to change top but they would not drive in so possibly wrong size.

Top were actually ok. heres hoping it improves a little.

Let us know if it improves. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Bender said:

Why ceramic can you use copper washer? 

I would guess as that is the main idea behind the mechanical seal, you have two mating surfaces one is static and the other has to rotate, so using ceramic reduces friction and is more suitable in extreme temperatures where a lubricant cannot be used effectively :thumb:

11 hours ago, linuxrob said:

Had a full day out on the Z500. 159 miles. Got caught in a thunderstorm from Malton to Helmsley. g no waterproofs as it is summer you know. got absolutely soaked through. Road flooded and really dirty water. Know what i will be doing in the nest few days.

Before.thumb.JPG.39060f8f6d73962b92492e454373ca10.JPG

Getting caught out in summer rain has been bugging me. It's fine on the Honda which has a top box I can carry a set of waterproofs in, but on the Bobber storage capacity is precisely zero.

I looked on SBS and bought a pair of Oxford Montreal 3.0 textiles which are pretty versatile. Waterproof, come with a liner so warm for winter, but remove the liner and open the ventilation pockets and they are cool enough for summer riding. Most reviews buy them for winter and overlook the ventilation. I usually take a 36 but went to a 38 and find they are a slightly looser but very comfy fit. Currently reduced from £120 to £90.

For days when the forecast is mixed they are my summer riding jeans. I suspect come the winter I'll put the liner back and stick with them.

One handy thing is that getting the 38 means I can wear them over normal trousers if I have to go to a meeting. 

• Like 2

Abuse on daily basis, using all available time to enjoy in hot sunshine, warm tarmac and tyres. Tomorrow on the way back to uk autobahn abuse. Can’t wait to clean it.

• Like 1

Installed the black widow headers.

It’s absolutely fecking insane. Obnoxious and ridiculous in equal measure. Good news.

Edited by Joe85
  • Like 4

Fitted my first chain and sprockets set. Spring clip was a PITA, but nice shiney gold chain that was a fair bit heavier than the OE chocolate one I took off.

Well the AT has had a good wash I covered it in acf upon purchase and have covered over 600 miles l. 1st service in and a good clean today. I've got used to the new bike surprisingly quick even with all the extra gadgets and not as heavy feeling as I imagined so far so good.

IMG_20210626_113612.jpg

IMG_20210626_113432.jpg

• Like 2

Washed mine today while waiting for my new screen 

Reset the gear assist pro as it wasn't working right 

New screen arrived and they sent a tinted one and not clear :roll:

So went for a ride so it was a waste of time washing it :lol:

On the plus side the gear assist pro works flawlessly now 

• Like 2