What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

2 hours ago, dynax said:

Just been out for another blast down some NSL roads and back through town in the traffic, and we are still dry and leak free :yay:

was it a blast or a bimble ?

2 hours ago, dynax said:

It was a blast no point testing something without redlining it :lol:

redlining your bike is surely still a bimble ....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dynax said:

Just been out for another blast down some NSL roads and back through town in the traffic, and we are still dry and leak free :yay:

Which is all you can ask for at your time of life 😂 

• Haha 6

8 hours ago, Bender said:

Which is all you can ask for at your time of life 😂 

This is true not many things worse than having a little dribble when you think you have finished and put your tools away :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

In the paint protection thing I've just had a wrap type paint protection on the tank of my Africa Twin adventure sports. Having the tank bag and noticing the style and size of the tank would mean the paint on the sides too would most likely get scratched I had the tank covered. Apparently if I do get any scratches it should self heal with hot water poured over it. I'll use acf for the vulnerable bits I did give it a blast over with an air sprayer and acf on purchase and will have the usual applications over the winter. 

36 minutes ago, fullscreenaging said:

Fitted a Denali sound bomb mini. (Still twice as big a the OEM) Bought a relay harness off eBay in order for it to work as it blew the horn/brake light fuse on test. 

113dB should wake the dozy ones up!!

They are meant to be plug and play with no need for a relay. But I found that mine wouldn't work off the standard wiring on either bike when it was new. I ran it several times off an alternative power supply and that seemed to break it in a bit and it now works on the original wiring. But only with the engine running, with just the ignition on it doesn't.

14 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

They are meant to be plug and play with no need for a relay. But I found that mine wouldn't work off the standard wiring on either bike when it was new. I ran it several times off an alternative power supply and that seemed to break it in a bit and it now works on the original wiring. But only with the engine running, with just the ignition on it doesn't.

Good old volt drop on the OEM wiring. 

Edited by JRH

6 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

I fitted one to my Mutley and it was literally plug and play. Sounds so much better than the oem thing which had an embarrassing little squeak of a noise. 

• Like 2

A short ride out just to blow away the cobwebs and stress today. Couldn't stop off at the local airfield today as it was closed off the secret squirrels landed for a while. Still nice to get out for a bit

Screenshot_20210705_190000_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

IMG_20210705_182146.jpg

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, MikeHorton said:

A short ride out just to blow away the cobwebs and stress today. Couldn't stop off at the local airfield today as it was closed off the secret squirrels landed for a while. Still nice to get out for a bit

Screenshot_20210705_190000_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

IMG_20210705_182146.jpg

Is that near Gloucester?

No a bit further north halfpenny green in South staffs. A popular stop off for the AAC in their Apaches it has a nice cafe and it's off the beaten track only a small airfield. I dunno what they were up to but a few men in black transferring boxes from a Peugeot to the dauphins

8 hours ago, MikeHorton said:

No a bit further north halfpenny green in South staffs. A popular stop off for the AAC in their Apaches it has a nice cafe and it's off the beaten track only a small airfield. I dunno what they were up to but a few men in black transferring boxes from a Peugeot to the dauphins

Cheers. 

I did a course around 2005 for a few week north Gloucester area.

Said same helicopters would land on an adjacent property...

Very strange.

Was a mix of civvies and serving forces who were using their leaving allowance (i was using my retraining allowance to upskill).

I would stare in amazement at the covert goings on. They just laughed and said we knew nowt.....lol

• Like 1

North East of Gloucester you have Cheltenham which is home to GCHQ so you do see the odd military helicopter flitting about. Mind you it's quite likely some big wig on the way to the races!

Went out to get tags, pubs in Coventry. Not been in for a good while and the number of roads closed 😠. Missed on pub cause of closed roads. Still now having a consolation bacon sarnie at the touchdown in Wellesbourne 👍

2 minutes ago, JRH said:

Went out to get tags, pubs in Coventry. Not been in for a good while and the number of roads closed 😠. Missed on pub cause of closed roads. Still now having a consolation bacon sarnie at the touchdown in Wellesbourne 👍

I must check out the Touchdown . I keep forgetting it's there . 

5 minutes ago, fastbob said:

I must check out the Touchdown . I keep forgetting it's there . 

Lot of bikes here today. Looks like Royal Enfield owner club day out. Both old and new. Will put some pics up when im home.

The problem with sitting on Zoom calls all day is I spend copious amounts of time browsing accessories and random shite to buy for the bike. Today i wasted money on a GoPro. 

I'm also fighting the impulse to buy a used enduro bike for Green Laning. 😓 

• Haha 3

Stripped it of it's Chinese fairings...

20210707_164234.thumb.jpg.a432703061b414663b60e2743bcfb453.jpg

...and fitted OEM.

20210707_164256.thumb.jpg.74022bd085b936638045405fb107d2ce.jpg

It's taken many years to track down a few good condition used (and reasonably priced) panels but it looks so much better!

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Joe85 said:

The problem with sitting on Zoom calls all day is I spend copious amounts of time browsing accessories and random shite to buy for the bike. Today i wasted money on a GoPro. 

I'm also fighting the impulse to buy a used enduro bike for Green Laning. 😓 

do it i have had one for several years now and might be getting another ,easy to ride and service and light

• Like 1