What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

1 hour ago, gymwitch said:

Handed the nc23 over to @oldgrump who has very kindly offered to undo all the things ive done wrong 😬 and get her going again. Thank you so much you absolute legend. 

Getting a bit boring free wheeling it out the shed and down the drive.... 😒 

It is a wise person who recognises when it is best to seek help if they are getting no nearer to completing a restoration/refurbishment.

I applaud you for having that sense and hope you will reap the benefits soon.

Cheers

Ian

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ian Frog said:

It is a wise person who recognises when it is best to seek help if they are getting no nearer to completing a restoration/refurbishment.

I applaud you for having that sense and hope you will reap the benefits soon.

Cheers

Ian

Thanks !!! Im really looking forward to it. 

Sold the CG. It's been really good for the past few years but now I've finished uni I don't need it any more.

The guy said his mate was helping him with a lend of his trailer. I think he might have gone a bit overkill. :-D

20210710_204949.thumb.jpg.792e9c1898f9daca225b66395d1fa857.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

12 hours ago, Ian Frog said:

Northants is very bright and sunny at the moment !

I wonder how long it will last?

Cheers

Ian

I meant East 🤣 we are already as west as it gets unless we go to Ireland 😁 Whitby it was. Wow what a lovely place too. Did you get out?

10 hours ago, gymwitch said:

I meant East 🤣 we are already as west as it gets unless we go to Ireland 😁 Whitby it was. Wow what a lovely place too. Did you get out?

Yes we went up and around Rutland and on our way back discovered that speed camera vans love the A47 on a Sunday 

Also spotted a cafe in a layby near the village of Tixover that had loads of bikes parked up so one to investigate another time.

Cheers

Ian

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Ian Frog said:

Yes we went up and around Rutland and on our way back discovered that speed camera vans love the A47 on a Sunday 

Also spotted a cafe in a layby near the village of Tixover that had loads of bikes parked up so one to investigate another time.

Cheers

Ian

Yes we came across a couple of speed vans yesterday 🙄 i hope you didnt get zapped !!!

1 hour ago, Stu said:

You best ask @TimR that question :lol: 

No we stopped saluting if there was a speed camera .... And as a member you were within your right to stop and ask why no salute which is where upcoming road hazard information would be disclosed .

Due to the fact it became an offence to warn others of speed traps etc ( and still is ) 

2 hours ago, TimR said:

But none holding the bike upright ....

I did ask them if they wanted a hand but they turned me down.

Thay had one of those wheel chock/stand things which looked pretty secure.

Vibration dampener fitted to the quadlock. Boring, but necessary. 

Bought engine guards for my track day, need to fit them too. Airbag suit en route tomorrow - let's hope it fits! 

20210712_162007.jpg

• Like 1

Finally some time and managed to take off the front and rear brake callipers, clean them, took pistons out checked gaskets, brake pads still ok more than half from new, new brake fluid. Oil and oil filter changed, fork dust seals pushed down and cleaned. Next time when I get some time off😀 still need to change antifreeze, remove plastic panels and clean from inside. 
air filter if lucky will be changed once plastics removed.

• Like 2

So today I went for test rides on an MT-07 and a Tracer 700 GT. Both the same engine and gearbox but suspension and seating is quite different.

The MT07 was up first, which started badly as it had ZERO petrol in it so a 30 mins delay whilst they went to the petrol station to fill a jerry can to come and fill me up at the side of the road. :D

The bike itself had circa 2k of upgrades, akra exhaust, LED lights, short alli foot rests with stubby gear change and rear brake levers. I found the bike snatchy in the lower gears  but once rolling it was a very nice ride.

Then came the Tracer 700 GT, bog standard and unmolested. Higher seating position which felt really nice and the handle bars. Only down side is lots of buffeting at motorway speeds.

Both are nice and flickable and really nice. Just trying to organise test rides on a Trident 660, Versys 650 and a KTM 790 Adventure for Friday.

Edited by Fish
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, Fish said:

So today I went for test rides on an MT-07 and a Tracer 700 GT. Both the same engine and gearbox but suspension and seating is quite different.

The MT07 was up first, which started badly as it had ZERO petrol in it so a 30 mins delay whilst they went to the petrol station to fill a jerry can to come and fill me up at the side of the road. :D

The bike itself had circa 2k of upgrades, akra exhaust, LED lights, short alli foot rests with stubby gear change and rear brake levers. I found the bike snatchy in the lower gears  but once rolling it was a very nice ride.

Then came the Tracer 700 GT, bog standard and unmolested. Higher seating position which felt really nice and the handle bars. Only down side is lots of buffeting at motorway speeds.

Both are nice and flickable and really nice. Just trying to organise test rides on a Trident 660, Versys 650 and a KTM 790 Adventure for Friday.

Oooh test riding the scalpel, have fun. 👍

Finally removed petrol tank to access air box, air filter is to change but what worries me is some small amount of water on the bottom of the airbox and bottom of the air filter is mouldy and wet. Didn’t expect that.

Edited by Marino

Took the Ninja for it's MOT.

I picked up a brochure for the FTR 1200 which I've left not very subtlety on the kitchen table :angel12:.

I was all for plonking down a deposit earlier but then remembered I had to pay my uni fees today 😢.

• Like 2

Welding hasn't worked with it being cast luckily I can get a complete replacement for £75 will have to wait till the weekend though to get one.

So as a temp fix I have managed to secure it with a heavy duty cable tie whether or not it will hold is another matter, just have to try and avoid braking too hard :lol:

• Sad 1