What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

I took my nephews out for their first ever rides on a motorbike. I have been waiting until they were both tall enough to fit. They borrowed Throttled Jnr's kit and I took them on a run around local roads, including some twisties and round-a-bouts, because IME, all pillions love the experience of leaning when cornering. I kept the bike in a lower gear than normal, to make it sound like we were going faster than we actually were. Of course, they loved it!

• Like 7

1 minute ago, geofferz said:

Only my first track day! And I'm too old mate, 36

Give over! 

A mate of mine races and he has 12 years on you! although he has been racing a long time 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stu said:

Give over! 

A mate of mine races and he has 12 years on you! although he has been racing a long time 

You wanna sponsor me? 😂

I was one of the fastest... In novice. Let's see if inters at Lydden hill on the 18th is different. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, geofferz said:

Only my first track day! And I'm too old mate, 36

to old... chris the stalker walking won a race at Brands Sunday, he's 51, beat John Mc Guiness who must be around the same age.... get on with it , i can be your brolly dolly.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, geofferz said:

You wanna sponsor me? 😂

I was one of the fastest... In novice. Let's see if inters at Lydden hill on the 18th is different. 

you at lydden on 18th

19 minutes ago, geofferz said:

You wanna sponsor me? 😂

Wish I could afford to! 

Not saying I would I just wish I could :lol: 

I know some track day junkies and they say there is a massive difference between the fast group and racing so you probably have a long way to go for that yet but get out and have some fun and learn as you go :thumb: 

• Like 1

Yesterday went for fuel..

Sainsbury's Kirkcaldy, then got the wrong turn and end up in Burntisland. 

Decided to go back. Kirkcaldy seafront, Leven and from there St. Andrews.

Because was getting late decided to have a bite. 

Now....

St. Andrews is full of young uni students that spend their student loans in food and drinks.

Can anyone, ANYONE, explain why there are restaurants in this country that close at 22:30 but only serve cooked food until 7? From 7pm you can have a pie...

I'm diverting...

From St. Andrews got a wee detour to Guardbridge, then Cupar, glenrothes and then home.

50 miles trip,

Means that got home  with around 1/2 tank 🙄

Well I've got as far as putting my bike jeans and boots on and I'm sweating already :shock:

I've got to put the clock on the bike right (I can never remember how) then go for fuel before any fun starts

but I am going out eventually:thumb:

4 hours ago, Six30 said:

might come down there.

Errr erm I've erm cancelled due to an emergency! 

Just kidding - be good to meet the man behind the absurd Internet personality 👍🏽 Bring ya umbrella and knee highs. 

• Haha 2

With Shadow's insurance running out on the 20th Aug time has come to start looking into renewal.

Unfortunately Bikesure (and you all know how supportive I am for the forum) with a figure of £156 they took themselves out of the race.

At the moment the best contender is MCE with just over £91. These idiots have a stupid 2miles awy and 20 miles recovery distance. I'll tell them where they can stick the quote...

Both include for breakdown (UK) and all the legal expenses.

This is first go with money supermarket

Next will be looking at other comparison sites and see where it goes. :thumb: 

New contender, same as the ST1300 Grove & Dean with EU breakdown cover as default. just over £100

Edited by husoi

2 hours ago, geofferz said:

Errr erm I've erm cancelled due to an emergency! 

Just kidding - be good to meet the man behind the absurd Internet personality 👍🏽 Bring ya umbrella and knee highs. 

dont get to excited.... cant promise, depends if i get any victims , i mean customers want to come on the Saturday.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Six30 said:

dont get to excited.... cant promise, depends if i get any victims , i mean customers want to come on the Saturday.

@Six30 paying them to go for a ride in the back of your van for their services is not classed as a customer :lol: