Jump to content
  • Sign up now

    Registration is quick and easy 

What did you do to your bike today?


Stu
 Share

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Stu said:

Rode it to go get my second jab, pick up a new shower pump go seen @NeilM and pick up a screw!! 

 

224298804_184019020376693_5969799858522244818_n.jpg

 

Luckily its not gone through! 

Did you get your screw from @NeilM while you were waiting for recovery wagon?

Cheers

Ian

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Stu said:

Rode it to go get my second jab, pick up a new shower pump go seen @NeilM and pick up a screw!! 

 

224298804_184019020376693_5969799858522244818_n.jpg

 

Luckily its not gone through! 

Was a good catch up mate.

Lisa was well taken wi bike.

 

We buggered off to brid after you left.

Presently sat in club with Grace waiting for sodding bingo to start. She is counting how many lagers I'm allowed versus my meds.... FML 🤣

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Ian Frog said:

Did you get your screw from @NeilM while you were waiting for recovery wagon?

Cheers

Ian

 

Recovery wagon? 

 

I rode it home :lol: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Stu said:

 

Recovery wagon? 

 

I rode it home :lol: 

I am so glad I believe you are talking about the bike rather than Neil !

Cheers

Ian

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, NeilM said:

Was a good catch up mate.

Lisa was well taken wi bike.

 

We buggered off to brid after you left.

Presently sat in club with Grace waiting for sodding bingo to start. She is counting how many lagers I'm allowed versus my meds.... FML 🤣

 

Good catch up as always mate :thumb: 

 

I think you and Lisa need a test ride on one :lol: 

 

Bingo? now you are showing your age :lol: 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Ian Frog said:

I am so glad I believe you are talking about the bike rather than Neil !

Cheers

Ian

 

He is too old for that sort of thing now :lol: 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Stu said:

 

Good catch up as always mate :thumb: 

 

I think you and Lisa need a test ride on one :lol: 

 

Bingo? now you are showing your age :lol: 

Bloody hate the game.

Grace. 17 and mad for it.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Stu said:

 

@Six30 paying them to go for a ride in the back of your van for their services is not classed as a customer :lol: 

I meant victims … 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

twat

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Fish said:

Been out looking for my first big bike, but finding insurance such a scam!


I don’t get insurance … sorted insurance for new bike yesterday .

for Suzuki policy which started in may it was £350 ish , thought  I’m going to get stung adding the Ducati , they mirrored the bikes so I could use no claims on both bikes ,  got £200 refund from Suzuki policy and then for both bikes on a new policy price was £440 with the £200 refund cost me £240.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Six30 said:


I don’t get insurance … sorted insurance for new bike yesterday .

for Suzuki policy which started in may it was £350 ish , thought  I’m going to get stung adding the Ducati , they mirrored the bikes so I could use no claims on both bikes ,  got £200 refund from Suzuki policy and then for both bikes on a new policy price was £440 with the £200 refund cost me £240.

 

Yet I got screwed over transferring to the BM :? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Stu said:

 

Yet I got screwed over transferring to the BM :? 

I did couple of years back changing bikes mid way through , it was cheaper to cancel policy and start again with different company , won’t say which company I cancelled with incase they stop paying you :-D

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Six30 said:

I did couple of years back changing bikes mid way through , it was cheaper to cancel policy and start again with different company , won’t say which company I cancelled with incase they stop paying you :-D

 

I always do it every time I change bike! its always midway through and I always get screwed over :lol: 

 

You would think I would have learn my lesson by now 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Stu said:

 

I always do it every time I change bike! its always midway through and I always get screwed over :lol: 

 

You would think I would have learn my lesson by now 

I was pleasantly surprised this time , for a change 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Six30 said:


I don’t get insurance … sorted insurance for new bike yesterday .

for Suzuki policy which started in may it was £350 ish , thought  I’m going to get stung adding the Ducati , they mirrored the bikes so I could use no claims on both bikes ,  got £200 refund from Suzuki policy and then for both bikes on a new policy price was £440 with the £200 refund cost me £240.

I don't think some insurance brokers even understand insurance 😀

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Stu said:

 

Yet I got screwed over transferring to the BM :? 

 

Would of cost more due to the oversized decal cover probably..... :popcorn:

  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I got what I thought was a sensible quote on a 2017 Tracer 700, look at a 2018 for the same value and the quote almost doubled! Same model, same engine, same power, same value.... work that out if you can!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Measured the shadow and made a template for new saddlebags.

Then, because I am riding tomorrow, went to check the tyres pressure.

Found that I have a puncture on the rear.

No biggie, got the diy plugs and got to work.

Made an arse of myself and managed to fully insert the plug into the tyre and remove the plunger without the plug.

Then had to go to the garage to get the puncture repaired properly 🙄 and spend 20 quid.

Got home with the repaired tyre. cleaned the brake drum and the axle. all cleaned up and fitted together.

Rear pressure to the point.

Front tyre, was a little but on the low side so got it to the correct pressure to find out 2 big cracks on the wall of the tyre 😡

Means a new tyre to be ordered and hoping that tomorrow won't get into problems.

That's the result of the bike being years without running and now with a good mileage on the tyres gave up..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wiped the dust off, fuelled up and set off to “The Pilots Mess” at Sywell airfield.

Good food and a view over the airfield whilst it was consumed.

Worth a run out. 
 

26DB965F-173B-4072-AC4D-31734F235C5E.jpeg

3AD1259B-C59A-4261-8887-440C48D98ACA.jpeg

9D38A325-9E4A-4C24-B17E-D15943B4429F.jpeg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Pie man said:

That's a mighty fine looking motorcycle (even better looking garage :yay:)

wish that was my garage :grin:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Six30 said:

wish that was my garage :grin:

For a moment there I thought ffs his garage is better than my kitchen then I realised it was bike show room. Lovely bike though.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, S-Westerly said:

For a moment there I thought ffs his garage is better than my kitchen then I realised it was bike show room. Lovely bike though.

 

this is more mine, tidied up Sunday to make room though.

 

See the source image

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.