What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

8 minutes ago, Bender said:

Malicious damage or trying to swipe it, sucks either way. 

4 minutes ago, Stu said:

not good @dynax sounds like he was trying to take it to be honest 

Don't know what he was trying he was off his head, and I still haven't eaten got no appetite now, absolutely fuming.

17 hours ago, dynax said:

Went to the club night tonight no food being served as the chef is off and no one else to cover, decided to call in at local take away for a bite to eat, ended up with some drunken b@stard that wouldn't leave the bike alone and broke the fixings for the ignition barrel on the top yoke, the police are looking for him but £70 for a top yoke so not worth going through insurance 🤬 doesn't even come close, not happy at all.

police should bring him to yours, cuff him to a rad and make him listen you try and play your key board , that'll teach the fooker.

• Haha 7

A few comments from me. 

I knew he was there and i suspected where he was looking to go given the speed he was carrying. Despite that, i decided to hold my line, A: Because i'm a twat (yeh, i probably could have moved to the middle, although it happened fast and i did kind of expect him to yield), and B: Because i had no idea what was to my left or behind me. Looking back, though, he definitely saw me, and i think he wanted to try and bully me out of the way. 

My reaction getting off the bike is embarrassing, but in my defence, i thought he was trying to drive away. Also, my foot was in fecking pain! (it had just been squeezed) so i was pretty upset, hence my reaction to the very kind driver letting me cross in front of him. It was after that i calmed down and decided not to make a big fuss and be rationale (hence all the 'mates' toing and froing). 

All in all, after sending the other driver the footage, he relented and coughed up. New peg on order.

Anyway, there you go. If you haven't already, invest in a helmet cam. 

Edited by Joe85
  • Like 3

well handled , he got  gobby at first , then he started saying the right things. I would of asked bloke in black car if he saw what happened and got his details as a witness, just to back up your video footage.... could of been worse glad your ok.

Although the cheeky fooker did deserve a poke in the eye when he said its just a lump of metal.

• Like 1

Took a swift ride up the motorway in pouring rain to try to sort out my dad's medical situation. The hospital seem to have lost the results of a recent scan. Got to the end and slowing down when the front end of the Honda starts making a horrendous noise.

Fortunately I have a centre stand so I can lift the front wheel. Sure enough it is making a horrible noise when turned by hand.

Then I spot the fender extender isn't where it's meant to be, it's come loose and got dragged between the mudguard and the wheel.

Getting it out was fun.

• Sad 3

So I had a cheeky little stop at Infinity clearance warehouse on my way back from Winchester. I needed another jacket as my Richa has to go back under warranty and I need another whilst that's away. 

I picked up an Halvarssons Walkyr, the sleeves are a little long but nothing too bad. £500 down to £250

6 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Took a swift ride up the motorway in pouring rain to try to sort out my dad's medical situation. The hospital seem to have lost the results of a recent scan. Got to the end and slowing down when the front end of the Honda starts making a horrendous noise.

Fortunately I have a centre stand so I can lift the front wheel. Sure enough it is making a horrible noise when turned by hand.

Then I spot the fender extender isn't where it's meant to be, it's come loose and got dragged between the mudguard and the wheel.

Getting it out was fun.

Hope the bikes sorted and more importantly your Dad!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Fish said:

So I had a cheeky little stop at Infinity clearance warehouse on my way back from Winchester. I needed another jacket as my Richa has to go back under warranty and I need another whilst that's away. 

I picked up an Halvarssons Walkyr, the sleeves are a little long but nothing too bad. £500 down to £250

My jacket is a Walkyr and I paid full whack. Even at that price it's been worth every penny. For me it's  a perfect fit and has kept me properly dry in torrential rain on more than one occasion. 

• Like 1

Changed the fork seals on the Silverwing.

Did the RH one no problem, drained the oil which was a nasty grey colour, looked like it had been in there for ages.

Undid the bottom bolt and cleaned all the insides out. Measured the oil volume at 350cc, checked the manual which said 302cc so refilled to the book.

Got to the other side and found some hamfisted oaf had totally rounded of the bottom bolt so couldn't take the damper tube out to pull the seal out, b0llocks....

Was going to admit defeat but had seen reference to people drilling the seal, screwing it some self tappers to prise the seal out.

I don't usually like this sort of butchery but I wanted to get it done.

It all went well and the seal came out easily and no damage done.

Put the whole bike back together, sprayed a load of brackets underneath the fairing with some spray grease.

Took the bike for a test run, OMG, the front is so soft compared to previous, it just glides over bumps and potholes.

I think a previous owner had over filled the forks and it was basically hydraulicing over large bumps.

20210912_184353.jpg

• Like 5

Cleaned up the Z500 for Bike Fest, Stamford Bridge on Saturday 10-4pm  and York Vintage show at the racecourse on Sunday. Took a pic of the bike in the same spot as in Sept 1980. here they are.

Bike fest is free but you have to pay to get into the York show. 

684149754_JAJ601W1980rearsets-1.thumb.jpg.b906d4526e8d03d9347a2612d9a5f772.jpg

583147942_18-9-21IMG_7516.thumb.jpg.268fd32b2429ebb87bad767ca4abb821.jpg

• Like 6

Mot'd the Silverwing today, passed with a minor defect to repair, rear brake fluid was a bit low and an advisory, fluctuation on the rear brake. Bike has done almost 6000 miles in a year and the testers comment was not bad considering its mileage of 65000.

7 hours ago, linuxrob said:

Cleaned up the Z500 for Bike Fest, Stamford Bridge on Saturday 10-4pm  and York Vintage show at the racecourse on Sunday. Took a pic of the bike in the same spot as in Sept 1980. here they are.

Bike fest is free but you have to pay to get into the York show. 

684149754_JAJ601W1980rearsets-1.thumb.jpg.b906d4526e8d03d9347a2612d9a5f772.jpg

583147942_18-9-21IMG_7516.thumb.jpg.268fd32b2429ebb87bad767ca4abb821.jpg

Nice bike but the dog shit brown dolly is a real show stopper.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, billy sugger said:

Blimey, how did you manage that

Getting the tank full on the GS is a trial of patience. A trait I lack… 

Oh, and today I had to get a puncture repaired … this short break hasn’t really gone well. 

10 hours ago, Steve_M said:

Getting the tank full on the GS is a trial of patience. A trait I lack… 

Oh, and today I had to get a puncture repaired … this short break hasn’t really gone well. 

A mate has a CB300R, he showed me the filler hole which is smaller than the diameter of a fuel pump nozzle. So he has to hold the nozzle over the filler and dribble fuel in. A bit of a daft design.

Got a fooking puncture, went to the club bike night and must have picked up a nail somewhere near as it was going down pretty rapidly, pushed it to garage round the corner to get some air in it, pretty much went flat almost immediately, tried some tyre weld as a last resort no good, luckily one of the club members who lives local gave us a lift home in his van, new innertubes ordered should get them for Wednesday :thumb:

• Sad 1