What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

Took wheel off and stripped it one tiny pin prick of a hole in the tube, anyway cleaned the tube inside and out and the tyre and the rim, put a patch on the tube and we are good to go again, took some time to get the wheel back on though working in the dark with a torch that wouldn't stay where I wanted it, but I got it all done in around 4 hours start to finish including having my tea half way through :thumb:

• Like 1

Good news there @jedibiker :thumb: 

In other news I took my bike for a ride to Marshal BMW in Grimsby where I booked it in for a service next Thursday! 

This will be the first time any of my bikes have been serviced be a dealer :shock:

21 minutes ago, Stu said:

In other news I took my bike for a ride to Marshal BMW in Grimsby where I booked it in for a service next Thursday! 

This will be the first time any of my bikes have been serviced be a dealer :shock:

Did you win the lotto lol

6 hours ago, Stu said:

I wish! once the 2 year warranty is up then I will do it myself :lol: 

You need to get yourself over to see Steve:

https://rainbowworkshop.co.uk/service/page-7/

Brilliant BMW mechanic and much cheaper than the dealers. Has all the computer stuff needed for BMWs too. 

2 minutes ago, Lateralus said:

You need to get yourself over to see Steve:

https://rainbowworkshop.co.uk/service/page-7/

Brilliant BMW mechanic and much cheaper than the dealers. Has all the computer stuff needed for BMWs too. 

I have seen him already and he wants £184 for an annual service which is what I have just booked mine in for at a BMW dealer 

For £149 :? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lateralus said:

Oh, that is not the outcome I had expected!

I'm booked with him for an annual plus 54k service in a couple of weeks - assuming I haven't P/X'd the bike before then!😬

It might be worth giving a BMW dealer a ring and asking for a price 

Took it for its MOT. Failed, due to excessive brake shudder, which is due to the bobbins in the disc rusting, so the disc has no movement in them. They have been like that since last year, when it was an advisory. New discs and pads and a bill for nearly £500. Still, first time I have had to pay anything on maintaining that bike, which for a 2012 with nearly 30,000 miles is not bad. I did 2000 miles last year, which is OK.

On 23/09/2021 at 16:14, Stu said:

Not far from me is Marshall’s. But I was at work today which can’t be far

from you 🤣

Edited by fullscreenaging
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, fullscreenaging said:

Not far from me is Marshall’s. But I was at work today which can’t be far

from you 🤣

That was yesterday! I did think about dropping you a message to see if you was about! 

Yeah you're about 4 miles from my house! even closer when we bring a bus in to your works entrance :lol: 

12 minutes ago, Stu said:

That was yesterday! I did think about dropping you a message to see if you was about! 

Yeah you're about 4 miles from my house! even closer when we bring a bus in to your works entrance :lol: 

I was at work yesterday too. 
Next time you leave your key under the bus stop. I’ll leave my key with Marshall’s and we can pop in for a cuppa. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, fullscreenaging said:

I was at work yesterday too. 
Next time you leave your key under the bus stop. I’ll leave my key with Marshall’s and we can pop in for a cuppa. 

I'm at Marshalls next Thursday at 1:30 if you're about 

• Like 1

Just now, fullscreenaging said:

Day off then, but have to wait in for wife’s new phone. Hopefully it’ll arrive before then. I’ll let you know. 
You taking a demo bike out? 

No I wasn't planning on taking one out but might try and blag one while I am there 

• Like 1

I came back from a run with the fuel light glowing malevolently on the display. The usual place was out of fuel so I pushed on a bit further and was relieved to find petrol available. It seems the light was not misleading, it is a 9 litre tank. It took 8.95 litres to fill it. I reckon I didn't have a lot left in reserve.

2 minutes ago, Fish said:

After recently having the pannier frames re-powder coated I decided to make sure they fitted ok...Does my arse look fat now 😂

IMG-20210925-WA0001.jpg

Reminds me of a mate who did something similar and then found his filtering got a wee bit more interesting.

• Haha 1

Rode it home via A4 and B4192. First time out since April so blew some rust off. Beautiful day but have a feeling I'll be digging out my winter riding gear very soon. Getting far too much practice at riding in crap weather.

4 minutes ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Brake fluid change. Quite pleased with this little gizmo which makes it simpler and cleaner.

Combined one way valve and mini spanner. 

IMG_20210930_090957956.jpg

Link please! 

I need to buy one :lol: 

• Like 2