What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

2 hours ago, MikeHorton said:

That's the one. The 8mm one fits both the Honda and the Triumph. 

Today I bought a new bike. My 2012 Versys 1000 GT with just shy of 30k on the clock was hit, again, by the rust gremlin, causing the need for replacement discs, pads and then to get it through its MOT. So, sitting in the showroom is a 2018 Versys 1000 GT, which was used by the dealer's owner, so it has never been registered, I will be its first reg keeper. Deal done, I don't pay for my bike to get the new discs and through its MOT and I get the "new" bike. It certainly looks new and has everything on it, plus uprated shock, exhaust, sat nav, heated grips and Datatag. It is also green! My fourth Kawasaki and the first that is green!

I am so not going to let this one rust and am going to stop being an all weather rider, well that is the plan. A lovely winters day and temptation may get the better of me.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Throttled said:

Today I bought a new bike. My 2012 Versys 1000 GT with just shy of 30k on the clock was hit, again, by the rust gremlin, causing the need for replacement discs, pads and then to get it through its MOT. So, sitting in the showroom is a 2018 Versys 1000 GT, which was used by the dealer's owner, so it has never been registered, I will be its first reg keeper. Deal done, I don't pay for my bike to get the new discs and through its MOT and I get the "new" bike. It certainly looks new and has everything on it, plus uprated shock, exhaust, sat nav, heated grips and Datatag. It is also green! My fourth Kawasaki and the first that is green!

I am so not going to let this one rust and am going to stop being an all weather rider, well that is the plan. A lovely winters day and temptation may get the better of me.

A generous spraying of acf should help you keep the rust gremlins away

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MikeHorton said:

A generous spraying of acf should help you keep the rust gremlins away

I never got the  hang of ACF50 and found no matter what I did, shale the can, warm the can, or even spray a paint brush and paint it on, it went on gloopy and then dirt stuck to it. I am looking for options to get it done professionally and found somewhere not far that will do it for £70, including ceramic protection on the paint work. I like ceramic protection, which came with my father and then my last cars and I have found it to really work.

Edited by Throttled
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Throttled said:

I never got the  hang of ACF50 and found no matter what I did, shale the can, warm the can, or even spray a paint brush and paint it on, it went on gloopy and then dirt stuck to it. I am looking for options to get it done professionally and found somewhere not far that will do it for £70, including ceramic protection on the paint work. I like ceramic protection, which came with my father and then my last cars and I have found it to really work.

I find the trick with ACF50 is to be very sparing with it. I just get a soft cloth dampened with it and wipe the bike over that way. The coating is virtually dry so stuff doesn't stick. 

1 hour ago, Throttled said:

If that works for you go for it I know a lot of car enthusiasts love ceramic coatings. I bought a £45 electric sprayer, warmed up the acf and it gave a great light mist which was good in terms of being not too thick and as it was like a mist for got to all the bits I couldn't readily get to. Left it for half an hour or so then rubbed in any excess with a microfibre cloth.

Edited by MikeHorton
Typos

1 hour ago, Throttled said:

Here's it in action last year on my Tracer

https://photos.app.goo.gl/6atnuFM93nHRY9E17

• Like 2

On 24/09/2021 at 08:10, Lateralus said:

Oh, that is not the outcome I had expected!

I'm booked with him for an annual plus 54k service in a couple of weeks - assuming I haven't P/X'd the bike before then!😬

Better than I thought for the service 

£139.12 of which is £69.27 in parts and £46.66 in labour plus VAT at £23.19 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Throttled said:

By the time I buy that, I may as well get it done professionally. I fancy treating myself.

I don't blame you less hassle. It's only beneficial for me as I use it on my big brothers Morgan too. Keep us updated when you have yours coated!

6 hours ago, Stu said:

Rode to Marshalls BMW for a service 

While waiting @fullscreenaging picked me up and took us for a brew and a catch up 

Then rode home and well see nob of the day thread! 

Good to catch up. It’s been a few years 😂

Lovely bike you’ve got yourself. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, fullscreenaging said:

Good to catch up. It’s been a few years 😂

Lovely bike you’ve got yourself. 

Yes it was good to catch up and thanks for the brew :thumb:

They are even better to ride you will have to try one sometime :lol: 

Replaced the inner tube on Xena with the new one this morning, as I was riding on Friday it felt a squidgy on the back end so decided to put the new in. This time to make life easier I split the chain and I was able to complete the job start to finish in less than 3/4 of an hour.

I am getting to be a dab hand at this inner tube fitting malarky and getting the wheels on and off, I might have to start offering my services 🤣🤣🤣:thumb:

• Like 1

On 30/09/2021 at 18:47, Stu said:

Better than I thought for the service 

£139.12 of which is £69.27 in parts and £46.66 in labour plus VAT at £23.19 

I definitely need to call the dealer then - currently booked in with Rainbow for a month's time. 

• Like 1

Just now, Lateralus said:

I definitely need to call the dealer then - currently booked in with Rainbow for a month's time. 

Plenty of time to ring but don't cancel your current booking! 

Remember mine was just an oil and filter and a check over the bike including remove brake pads clean up and refit 

I would see what you get for your money etc 

• Like 1