What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

Enjoy bonio more pics to follow I hope!

Today I have plugged my Africa Twin I to the trickle charger. I'm off to South Shields to visit family then a few days in Whitby all on 4 wheels as with the lovely wife and my brother. I'm looking forward to some great 2 wheeled trips next year when the wife gets the all clear from cancer with any luck. Roll on 2022 I have high hopes.

• Like 2

Had a great day out at the Tees Cottage Pumping Station Gala day here in sunny Darlington, plenty to do a see plus some bikes and cars on display, mine included.

148_6000.thumb.JPG.afb17ee7244300ce004db91902a58cda.JPG

148_6003.thumb.JPG.653b0df66f688d5fc9a1fa5c416c3c80.JPG

148_6004.thumb.JPG.bb2d2a2bb68155583a9b133aff8e4b1d.JPG

• Like 3

Well I did somethink stupid!! I fell off😂.

Can't believe it's 21 year's since I dropped a bike? And the first time with the wife on the bike in over 38yrs.

Went to ride over a Car park metal exit ramp, the bike just seemed to stop halfway,  and next thing we're both laying on the grass bank,  had to laugh. 

Luckily no real damage,  bent front brake lever,  and as we picked bike up noticed nice piece of metal in rear tyre!!

Didn't touch it,  checked pressure after 50miles,  fine, so just carried on the last 90 miles home. 

More bloody expense 🤭.

20211014_180529.jpg

20211014_180702.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

1 hour ago, oldgrump said:

Well I did somethink stupid!! I fell off😂.

Can't believe it's 21 year's since I dropped a bike? And the first time with the wife on the bike in over 38yrs.

Went to ride over a Car park metal exit ramp, the bike just seemed to stop halfway,  and next thing we're both laying on the grass bank,  had to laugh. 

Luckily no real damage,  bent front brake lever,  and as we picked bike up noticed nice piece of metal in rear tyre!!

Didn't touch it,  checked pressure after 50miles,  fine, so just carried on the last 90 miles home. 

More bloody expense 🤭.

20211014_180529.jpg

20211014_180702.jpg

Glad you both ok

@S-Westerly if you look real close I think you can see @Six30 in the background

Screenshot_20211016-011841~2.png

• Haha 3

Just now, oldgrump said:

Hi @Bender, cheers for that,  both fine thanks, more of a shock to the system .

Had to laugh,  still trying to figure why it went over!!😁

Metal ramps can be very slippery. If it stopped part way as you described it sounds like it lost traction for a moment, then went sideways beneath you.

Glad you're both ok and no major damage, but infuriating all the same.

Some heat and gentle pressure ought to straighten the brake lever. I had to do much clutch lever last time I dropped mine on the drive ( whilst just checking the brake light)

16 hours ago, Bender said:

Glad you both ok

@S-Westerly if you look real close I think you can see @Six30 in the background

Screenshot_20211016-011841~2.png

Really ? I don't know what you mean . All I can see is something that looks like a giant Bellend .

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Mississippi Bullfrog said:

Metal ramps can be very slippery. If it stopped part way as you described it sounds like it lost traction for a moment, then went sideways beneath you.

Glad you're both ok and no major damage, but infuriating all the same.

Some heat and gentle pressure ought to straighten the brake lever. I had to do much clutch lever last time I dropped mine on the drive ( whilst just checking the brake light)

yes i once came off riding over the horse tram lines down douglas front i have neve come off a bike as quick

Took it to bits. Dropped swing arm out, including rear shock, as lower mount bolt rusted in solid. Started prepping new swing arm and shock ready for fitting. Swing arm has some rust patches, so will kill with cure-rust then repaint, (anybody recommend a good rattlecan paint for it?) will keep it black, finish looks matt on new arm. 

With all this going on I found I have a broken exhaust at the connection between pipes and endcan, and I have a bad leak on one front fork seal. 

I must be mad, cos I have done all this with a knackered left shoulder an a fractured right little finger. So much for "keep it immobile" 😛

• Like 1

Starting in Maidstone, a colleague and myself went out for a wee ride today. Off the Bewl Waters for stop #1, down to Hastings, along to Rye for a stop #2 then down to Dungeoness, Dymchurch and into Hythe then back to Maidstone. Circa 6 hours of good company and decent(ish) roads. One empty tank of fuel.

He appears to have the same issue around the fuel tank mis-reading. Dash flashing empty, only to put a little over 8 ltrs into his ER6F (16 litres). I waited until I got close to home and put 12 ltrs in.

Having survived the terrible two decided to recharge my batteries with a bimble. Home to Ross on Wye, then Hereford and on to Hay on Wye. Back by way of the Golden Valley to Ross then Gloucester and home. Decent cafes in Hay. 

• Like 4